MO River Guide

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Terry Day, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I'm looking to start fishing the Missouri River between Kansas City, Missouri, and Atchison, Kansas. Actually I live in Parkville. I was going to try a few weeks ago, but all of the ramps were high and dry. I have a 20' Polar Craft center console with a 90 hp motor. I have fished the Missouri for a couple of years around Boonville. Only caught small fish - largest about 4 pounds.

Obviously, I haven't been doing it right!

Do any of you locals know of a guide in the Kansas City area that would take someone out and teach the the ropes on catching fish on the Missouri. I'm talking about someone that would share their knowledge on where to look and what to look for. Not just someone that will bait your hook and take you to a honeyhole so that you could catch a fish or two.

I would prefer that we use my boat and equipment so that I can learn on what I will be using. However, that point is negotiable.

Please send me a personal message with the guides name and/or phone number. It doesn't have to be a professional guide. Any of you experienced catmen around the area that want to take on this task may respond as well.

I retired two and a half years ago and recently quit a conculting job so currently have no (not-many (honey-do's)) time restrictions.

Thanks in advance for any information provided.

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    You should be inundated with information soon. Welcome to the board. There is alot of experienced catsters over in your neck of the woods. I think youll find they are very helpful and forward with great information. I fish the Mississippi primarily and dont know much about that part of the Missouri. Anyhow, best of luck to you.

3. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Thanks Jetdriver - I appreciate the information.

I have been a member of the BOC for a year or so. When I transfered over nothing followed me. I appreciate the welcome though!

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Well I live like 2 miles from parkville. I"m no guide but I could sell my self i guess. Or just go fishing for free. :)

5. Fishking

Fishking Member

State:
    KC, MO
    Name:
    Andrew

Hi there, Sent ya a PM