MO River Gathering @ Columbia, MO 9/18/09

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by jlcperformance, Aug 26, 2009.

1. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    we r trying to put together a gathering on september 18th at catfish katy's on the missouri river right outside of columbia. looks like we can get a group campground which is $5 a night per person. anybody interested post on here or pm me and i will do my best to get this thing put together.

boat ramp $5 per day
    shower house
    camping right on the river
    10 miles from columbia
    exit right off of I-70

2. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm going to make this one, Jeff. Thanks for wrangling it together. The group site sounds good to me. You can count me in plus an out of town fishing buddy I 'll be bringing along.

Just a reminder: This is the same day as the conservation meeting over Jeff Co. (see the other thread on here). It is not too far of a drive from Columbia though and the meeting is at 0900 so I plan to hit the meeting in the morning and then head out to Katfish Katy's.

3. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    hopefully that will help bring some westies in also

4. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Hell No ! Not if Dirty Dan is going to be there. :eek:oooh: LOL Sounds like a good place to have a gathering. Will have to see what is going on that weekend. I will try to spread the word

5. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    sounds like a good time

6. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Count me in Jeff...and don't forget to mention the blues jam they have on Sunday afternoon.

7. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Blues Jam, eh? Sounds like fun! I'm looking forward to this.

8. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Myself and a couple of Columbia boys should be there. Don't know if we'll camp yet though if we do we'll stay on the sand bar if it's not under!

9. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    well i reserved the group campground right by the boat dock, so we have plenty of room for ppl. here is a list i have of ppl who r camping so far.

jlcperformance
    fishinfool
    DWB + a friend
    isaiah harmon + friend
    michael jake

who else is coming to camp with us....we got plenty of room and we dont bite.:wink:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
  10. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    boy am i ready for the next week and half to fly by. cant wait to hit that river and meet a few of u guys.:wink:

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ought to be fun. I might have two friends tagging along now. Never having fished this stretch I'm curious as to the composition of the river in that area.

What kind of depths/current should I anticipate? Are there lots of wing dams or other types of structure that the fish are relating to? Is bait easy to come by aisians/shad or should I plan on bringing some along?

12. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i would bring your own bait just in case, i have not fished it very much either but there r a few wing dams and a pretty nice chute right by the boat ramp.

13. ammo warrior

ammo warrior Member

State:
    Columbia, MO
    I hope to be there. I am a newbie to BOC and hope to meet some members. Haven't been fishin much the last 28 years...Uncle Sam has kept me out of touch with the finer things in life...I would appreciate some good fishin tips! My girlfriend an I want to start doin some serious catfishin...c ya

14. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Robert. You will like it here. Lots of good info and good people

15. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Hello Dan! Look forward to meeting ya next week. I usually catch my bait (shad) down river at perche creek...I believe it to be about 7 miles. I've heard of guys locating shad on a river cutout just below KatFish Katy's. I usually fish down river but you will find several wing dikes, dropoff's and sand bars in that stretch of water.

16. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    lookin forward to meeting you and the ol' lady........should be a helluva good time.:wink:

17. jbeshears

jbeshears New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I plan on being there. How long will you guys be staying? Just for the day?

18. jbeshears

jbeshears New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will be able to stay until saturday night and come back sunday afternoon. Is there still plenty of camping space?