mo river flathead catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by flathead_hunter, Sep 2, 2009.

1. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    just curious if anyone down there ever goes after the big flathead in the river??? think the fall bite is just about here and was just wandering what to look for... was thinking maybe top sides of dikes off the trail dikes and feeder creeks... also what do you guys think of fishing the cutouts.. not sure if you have them down there....thanks:wink:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  2. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i like fishing log jams during the day.:wink:

3. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am with Jeff on that. If I can find a bunch of timber or a big tree in the water I am on it.....The other area I have done well with is rocks. If I can find rocks in a spot that does not normally have them I fish it. If you see something and think "Now thats different" give it a try...

4. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Classic mud bank with 7 to 8 ft of water mod current and lotsa downed trees. The other is the Notch dikes find the ones they tossed the extra rock to the side inbehind the dike with a lil curent then fish back to the notch. The other is right below the notch there is a deep hole where somtimes they just drug the rock back so you get a deep sand hole with lots of rock and old pile logs ect tumbled in. Another overlooked spot is old pile lines. Also if you got a few trail dikes around try the ends of em if ya got a good flat behind em and a deep hole right next to the channel behind em. Now this is the weirdest place I have got em @ night the front edges of sand bar islands that have a flowen water channel goen around em with lots a downed trees around it.