MO River at Glasgow

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by bodie, Aug 2, 2009.

1. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Going there next weekend and camping out for the weekend. Planning on doing some fishing while we are there. Anyone have any suggestions on what the fish of choice for that stretch of river is?

2. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    im only 30 minutes from there but have not gotten a chance to fish it very much. i cant wait to see what ppl have to say on here. the one thing i know is the majority of the ppl that fish there r liners and juggers so i have never gotten a lot of info from there. but i have heard rumors of a sunken barge somewhere around there that will hold some monster fish.:eek:oooh:

3. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    I fished glasgow many times I would reccommend that you check out the chute around lespin (sp) island (down stream from the ramp). There is also some really nice flats on river side of the island.

Good luck

4. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri

That is where I have been looking at going. I went for a little adventure this past friday and made it to around the rock quarry and the fishing was starting to look good. I went about 4 miles up from the bridge and it looked like it get fished hard in that area.