MO Fishing License Online

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by BKS72, Apr 20, 2008.

1. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    This has probably been posted before, but a reminder might help. You can purchase your MO fishing and hunting license on line at:

https://www3.wildlifelicense.com/mo/start.php

I've been forgetting to get mine until I'm on my way fishing, so this morning I looked around and found out I could buy them on line. You print off your receipt and that acts as your fishing license until the actual license arrives in the mail.

There's a $2 surcharge for buying online, but I'll pay it - saving the time spent at the Wal-Mart counter is worth 2 bones to me:wink:

If you already have your MO Cons. #, it takes about 3 minutes to do.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hmmm, I've been doing this online for 4-5 years now, don't recall ever getting one in the mail. Is that something new? I know the deer/turkey/trout special permits require that the actual license be mailed to you, but I've never heard of regular hunting or fishing being sent. I don't select "print" when asked, I select "save" and put it in My Documents. Then I go there an print it out. That way, I can always get a new copy printed out if the need ever arises.

I also get my Illinois fishing license this way.

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Oh, this is the first time I've bought them online - the papework says I can use the paper until I get my permit in the mail, so I (wrongly, it appears) assumed that meant they were mailing me something.

4. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Actually, after going to the above site you gave us, it appears you were correct and that they no longer allow the printed as the "real" permit, only as a temp one like you said. I had to get mine a bit different this year, so I wasn't aware of the change.

You were right, I was wrong! Damn, wish that wouldn't happen so often! LOL

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Illinois says to print theirs out until they send you one.. But they never send you one..

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    IL did a study and found that method both increased license sales and revenue from fines for fishing without a license:smile2:

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    In Missouri, you will need to print out your confirmation number showing you've gotten a license. Keep this with you while fishing if your checked. The agent will know by looking at the print out that you obtained the license over the internet. If you don't recieve your license in a reasonable time, contact Jefferson City at 573-751-4115. Hope this helps.

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    The last 2 years I've bought My Missouri licence on-line. I've always recived My Actual licence in less then a week. The $2 surcharge is definatly worth the money as I'll spend more in gas to go somewhere to pick one up!

I do believe Kansas has a similar program, but not sure I have a lifetime fish and hunt licence for Ks....this is definatly the way to go!!!! no more worries about buying a new licence every year!!!

9. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    You can buy Kansas on line also. Thats what I do every year. Got a lifetime for Mo. Joined the old f***s club and they were real cheap after turning 60. LOL

10. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, Kansas has a great web site! When I'm going to fish the Kaw I just log on, pay the fee for my daily license, and print. Same for KS hunting licenses for pheasant season.

11. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I tried over and over and it will not give me a conservation number. I am out of state and for some reason it will not work for me.

12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Got home from California today and had an envelope from DNR with my license and fishing regs handbook in it. Pretty slick system MO has!