mo. conservation released tagged fish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by jimmykemper, Jul 7, 2009.

1. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    has anyone caught a tagged fish. they said that they tagged some catfish and if you catch them , you are supposed to weigh and messure them and call it in and you will recieve money. and of course you have to release them

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    You don't have to release the fish, but either way you have to remove the tag and send it in if you want the reward. There is an article about it here http://mdc.mo.gov/news/out/archive/arc4-2009.html (scroll down a little to see the story "Some Missouri waters swimming with cash rewards")

I caught an MDC tagged flathead ($25) about 10 days ago on the Kansas River.

3. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gary is correct you don't have to release the fish. My fish'n partner and I caught a tagged flathead each last year on the Platte, and there was one caught by a freind of ours at Iatan Power Plant on the MO. That fish was 60-70 miles from were it was tagged.

4. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    This is very interesting, I hadn't heard about this. I fish close to the Iatan power plant, I'll be on the lookout!

5. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    thankyou for correcting me on that. thats even better,keep the fish and get the money.. that sounds like the river lotto

6. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Got 2 last year both flats. They sent me the data on the fish After I filled out the forms and sent it in. When where what size it was tagged. Last fish I got that was tagged was a 45lb flat. He had only moved 300 yards from where he was tagged and gaind a few pound. Also that $25 is nice helps pay for boat gass lol.

7. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    im hopping to get a couple this year