Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy and I went out R&R middle of September fished a couple miles downstream from Eagle Bluffs CA.
Live and fresh-cut bluegills for bait. Fished slack water, fished current, fished seams, fished shallow, fished deep.
Skunked.

Took the wife out over the weekend and fished upstream from Franklin Island CA.
Live bluegills, and some large, fresh bluegill heads for bait.
Same result.

I'm beginning to question my sanity.

Water temp is still just above 70°. Maybe the bite will improve when it's a bit cooler?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That's what I've been experiencing for the past two months. Questioning my sanity is an understatement. Been fishing days, nights, cloudy, sunny, deep, shallow, you name it. They are stagnant right now and too comfortable. I think cooler temps normally start scaring em into feeding right about now but it's been too warm to do that yet. This rainfall today may change some things too. Been awfully low on both MS and MO down here in STL. There were a lot of big fish killed this year on the Mo I saw as well. I think population may be a bit down but that's just my take from the stretches I fish. Not knocking the setliners just noticed that collectively there were a lot caught and kept. Maybe MDC will implement their proposed changes on big fish, I have not followed up to see if or when they will do anything.

·
Registered
Dave from ohio
1,761 Posts
My area of the ohio, the bait is all back in feeder creeks right now, the past week has been on fire for cats and stripers.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The water is super low on the unimpounded section of the lower Missouri. Gavins Point dam is only sending enough water downstream to keep the navigational channel deep enough to float the barges. There's no water in most of the feeder creeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts