MMA fans what will you watch on the 7th?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by tbull, Oct 29, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Looks like the UFC and Affliction seem to be competing for viewers on Sat November 7th. Fedor is fighting live on ABC, then the UFC turns around and is reairing I think UFC 103 on Spike, if not 103 then alot of recent fights including Franklin v Belfort, Couture v Nogeuira, (sorry probably alot mispelled there lol). I personally think I will definatley atleast tune in for the Fedor fight. Its just a matter of time before he is in the UFC...Hopefully all the contracts and what not will be worked out soon. I would love to see Lesnar v Fedor!!! That is of course, if Lesnar can get by Carwin, which I think has been moved to January due to Lesnar being sick..:confused2:

2. SyKo450

SyKo450 New Member

State:
    Coachella, Cali
    If I'm not out fishing, I will most definitely watch the Fedor fight, I've been waiting for it since August when there were rumors and well after that, I might just watch the UFC fights

Would really love to see a Lesnar-Emelianenko fight

3. BowieKnife357

BowieKnife357 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'll likely record one and watch the other one so I don't miss anything.:wink:

4. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well.......I'll be watching both of them. They will both be DVR'd.

It is NOT Affliction holding the show though. Affliction MMA went under back in August.
    Strikeforce is holding the show.......along with Showtime and M-1 Global on CBS.

The UFC show will include fights from 100-103 I think they said. Basically we'll get to see all the main event fights from those PPV's in one night on Spike for FREE Top this weekend off with the following weekend with a FREE UFC 105 on Spike. GREAT time for MMA fans :0a5:

5. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well since Lesnar dropped out, no sense in getting to the pay per view, so I'll just watch the Fedor fight

6. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i'll be out fishing but i'll dvr the fedor fight.done seen all the ufc fights.

7. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    I'll remote control jockey all night. I hope brett rogers wins.

8. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    ain't gonna happen.

9. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well you are in luck.......because the UFC fights aren't the PPV Brock was supposed to headline. The ones on the 7th are the top fights from the last several PPV shows on free on Spike.

As far as Rodgers goes. I also hope he wins. Simply because of the way Fedor and his camp/management have been. I know MMA math never works, but Brett had less trouble with Arlovski than Fedor did. If Brett overwhelms Fedor like Arlovski did up till the ignorant attempt at a flying knee, he may well end it quickly. I have a feeling though that Rodgers won't rush out. The aura that surrounds Fedor will get to him a little.

I just hope that M-1's rediculous demands for money doesn't end up sinking Strikeforce like it has everyone else. :crazy:

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ill be watching the fedor fight and taping ufc fights. This is a big gamble for fedor and a lose/lose situation. He wins he was supposed to dominate him he loses he loses to a "nobody", not that i think brett is a nobody. So far I think brett is underrated and is going to be very dangerous if fedor stands with him. Smart thing imho is for fedor to take him down and armbar him. A guy that big and strong is gonna knock ya out if he hits ya.

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think that is exactly what he'll be doing. looking to get down and submit him. Look what Fedor did when he fought Tim. he was knocking him silly and the first chance he had he jumped on him to submit him. I think Brett will stand in there for a bit longer than Tim did though :wink: