Mixing baits

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by TexDan, May 31, 2008.

1. TexDan

TexDan New Member

State:
    Texas
    Have any of y'all tried stirring some nasty dip bait into your Danny Kings when it gets dry? It seems to me that it would make a pretty good carrier for dip bait and when the dip bait had dispersed you would still have the DK on the hook.

2. cjbrewer5

cjbrewer5 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I have mixed some j-pigs stink bait with the Danny Kings and had some pretty good luck on it. The j-pigs gets a little thin when it gets hot and since there is so much fiber in the danny kings, I just mixed them together and started catching fish. I think it was the j-pigs bait that was catching the fish. Just used the dk's to hold it on the hook better. - Charles

3. loop

loop New Member

State:
    Newkirk,Oklahom
    I mix Sonnys and DK's bait all the time works great
    I think theprofil pic is fish from the mix.
    Loop

4. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    Can't say as I have, since I wouldn't use DK's bait even when Danny owned the company.:big_smile:

5. skip

skip New Member

State:
    Texas
    I usually use Shurshot. I mixed some Dk that I could not catch any thing on to thicken the Surshot in the summer. Worked ok.

6. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    aubrey where do you but the sure shot bait I have been looking for some for awhile. Thanks Sam Davis

7. Texas Trapper

Texas Trapper New Member

State:
    Texas
    Hey old buddy a little secret that we found, mix dried grass clippings in your bait when it gets runny.:big_smile:

8. skip

skip New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dex thanks for the info I been looking for a good thickner. I live in the middle of 7 acres which I mowed recently. Plenty of dried grass clippings/

9. ateamfisherman

State:
    Texas
    H E A L P i need to know where i can buy some sure shot bait. Would appreat it a lot i live in Knox City, Texas i will go get it. thanks Sama Davis

10. bobby-catfishing

bobby-catfishing New Member

State:
    Highland Villag
    Sam,
    You can get Sure Shot from Benny Roberts. All of his information can be found at www.catfishbait.net I've bought bait from him before and it will catch fish. It does get pretty runny in the summer time. Just mail him a check and he'll send you the bait. I believe you can pick it up at his place in Decatur if it's close enough for you.

11. ateamfisherman

State:
    Texas
    thanks for he information on the sure shot. thamks sam davis.

12. kheath

kheath New Member

State:
    Lake Whitney Texas
    Cat tails will thicken your bait up too.