Mixed Chum

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Philiagorillia, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just sorta wondering if anyone ever mixes grains when making soured chum, like mixing milo and wheat, hen scratch, cottonseed cakes or range cubes and used it in the same areas mixed together? Or should i just stick with one thing at a time and see how it works out?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    mix it up. dont be afraid to experiment. what i would do it make a few diffrent batches and spread them around in diffrent areas and see what works best. with kats i cant express this enough, DONT BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT!!!!! find out what the kitties like and see what works. i made a pretty good chum one time and mostly out of old stuff i found in the fridge, and it worked like a champ. here is what i used:

2 tubs of chicken livers
    2 old moldy blocks of cheese in the fridge
    some old sausage i had leftover that went bad
    couple scoops of old dry dogfood
    couple cans of cheap canne dogfood

i ground all of this up in a blender (dont tell me wife) and put it in a 5 gallon bucket. i added a little water to make it slightly soupy and put a lid on it and set it outsid for about 3 days in the sun. took it out and spread it around and the kitties came running like a farmhand to the dinner bell.

3. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    LoL, brother i have fun doing this, Um i use a sunny d bottle as my chummer with three small holes at the bottom, Now for the chum, Ground up blue gill, Sour milk, Throw some ground up maggots, anything nasty find some blood to make it soupy, tie a rope around the the top and throw in the water, Idea is not to feed the fish but attract them :D