Mititary surplus guns

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by flathead willie, Oct 10, 2009.

1. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I used to live down the street from Potomac Arms/Ye Olde Hunter in Alexandria Virginia. They had all kinds of military guns at real good prices. Most long guns were about $39-$59. They have since been bought out by the city of Alexandria so the land could be used for condos. I've been trying to find another source for Swiss, Italian, German, Russian guns. Does anyone know where I can get these at a reasonable cost? Most of what I've seen online go for anywhere from $500-$1300. That's too much for a 75 to 100 year old rifle unless it's in mint condition and has all the accessories.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Hasn't been too many years ago that I could buy M1 carbines for a 100 bucks a pop.
    Those days are long gone. Wish I would have bought a truckload of them at those prices. I'd be sitting pretty at today's prices.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Oh so true the cheap gun is no longer to be heard.

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    try SOG southern ohio gun. gottu have an ffl liscense. :big_smile::cool2:

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

You have enough guns.

6. restorerancientiron

restorerancientiron New Member

State:
    Cadiz, KY
    You can also check with Sarco , they have a website.They sell alot of old surplus guns.

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    "You have enough guns."

A man can never have too many guns or guitars. I have at least a dozen of both and I still need more! LOL :wink::smile2:

8. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    On older military weapons you do not have to have an FFL. You can get a Curio & Relics license through the government and the guns can be shipped to your house.
    Here is some info about it. I have one and have had no problems.
    http://www.fo.com/firearms/sgn-cr.htm

As for the weapons them selves get a SHOTGUN NEWS at Wal Mart or a book store and you will find a BUNCH of dealers that sell them.

9. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD

Blasphemie (sp?)!!!!! There is no such thing!!!

10. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee

You can never have enough guns!:big_smile:

11. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea

No such thing.

12. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    If I was back in the Stone Age and I saw a bigger rock than the one I was throwing. I would pick it up and bring it home. :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    You might try shotgun news, or mitchells mausers. Sure would like to be able to get an M-14 at a reasonable price.

14. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Maybe, just maybe of ONE caliber!

15. Kip Brandel

Kip Brandel New Member

State:
    Glasgow, Kentuc
    NA, Example, I have a Ruger 10-22 for target shooting, one for hunting and one in case someone wants to shoot with us and needs a gun. Then I have another older Ted Williams 22 that was my first gun, 2 - 22 Crickets, one I got for my daughter and one for her friends to teach them to shoot so they are not using "HER Pink gun" (with there parents permission of course.) A browning Buck Mark 22 pistol for hunting and shooting, a Ruger 22 pistol I traded for if someone needs it and a American Arms 22 revolver to carry fishing and last is a 22lr conversion for my 1911.
    For a total of 10 guns that shoot 22lr alone, and believe it or not there has been a few times when ALL of them were being shot and some people were sharing. A friends wife HATED guns and everything about them. They came up on vacation once and we shot all day and talked her into trying it. They have came back 2 times and she is itching to come and shoot again and this time they are driving over 800 miles so she can bring HER Ruger 10/22 with her so I can do a trigger job and a few other things to it. From hating guns to having her own in less than 18 months.

16. seokfisherman

seokfisherman Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    That was a big maybe. Even though I own numerous .22's and 12 gauge shotguns I still find myself wanting more. But I don't have to justify my owning them by a need to outfit the neighborhood, I simply need them.

17. phase5supply

phase5supply New Member

State:
    Hope Mills, NC
    I agree, there are some cal. we just want more of because they are fun, then there are some you only want 1 of because it is all you need.