Mitchell Avocet II Spinning

Discussion in 'Reel Repair and Upgrades' started by PTDixieGal, Jul 15, 2008.

1. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Hi,

I bought a Mitchell Avocet II Spinning Reel about two months ago. I used it twice and it worked, but then it's like it just quit. It doesn't cast, the line just goes straight down into the water now and when I try to reel it in, the line gets tangled around the reel. It's probably something pretty simple to fix, but I don't know what or how as this is my first spinning reel.

2. PTDixieGal

PTDixieGal New Member

State:
    Little Rock, Ar
    Anyone??? Hello!!!

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Melissa,
    It's kind of hard to trouble shoot without being able to see it but as you say it's probably something simple.
    Have you changed anything at all between it working and not working>
    Check to see that the line hasn't got behind the spool and back off the drag and reset it.
    Make sure the line isn't double wrapped around the bail arm (the wire thing with the roller that you fold back to cast).
    If none of that works, try pulling all the line off (maybe out on the back yard) and reload the line making sure you have a little tension in it so the line lays down on the spool....W

4. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Open your bail and strip off about 30 yards of line. Cut and re-rig. Sometimes when these spinning reels are bought new with line , I think there is to much line on them. They will cast farther, but tangle.

5. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Hopefully you bought it at walmart and you can take it back if you cant fix it.