Mista kitty

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by CountryHart, Jul 19, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    This ain't gonna sound like the typical Fisher post. To began with i've hated friggin house cats all my life. Sent hundreds to the happy mouse heaven in the skys. A close friend told me that when i met him all i wanted to do was hunt (deer hunt), Then i started tourney bass fishin and all i wanted to do was fish.:confused2: Then it all fell apart and i took up golf and essentially quit huntin and fishin.
    Well Mista kitty came into the program after me and cher decided we didn't like each other as much as we originally thought. She left, mista stayed. Time passed and me and Cher reconciled our differences, Mista is still here. Guess the ? i'm askin is this normal for a man to forfiet everything he ever loved and liked in his life for a damn house kat?

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I reckon it probably is John. Its amazing what will weasle its way into a mans heart. Dogs, cats, birds, lizards, rats, women & other vermin, makes no difference, they just kinda sneak in there somehow. :wink:

3. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    now that's funny right there !!! :smile2::smile2:

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Heck fiar, i ain't tellin jokes. I think i need some sort of mental help.:confused2: Damn thing lives better than we do.:smile2:

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    So, what your tellin us is Cher only took you back after you agreed to get back into catfishin?

Notice I didn't mention the cat? They aint worth mentioning in my book. I had one cat for 23 years. Only reason I kept the darn thing around was it killed more cats than I ever could. You would not believe how big the Lilac bush got after I planted her under it. Made up a little plaque an put it there too. Sure is a lot of trouble keeping the weeds away from around the plaque and keeping it painted & looking good. Stupid thing still seems around, what with pic's all over the place. Ridiculous, still thinking of that dang thing 10 years after it passed. I never did like cats.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Let's see, you chose golf and a cat over Cher, deer hunting and catfishing. Yes, you do need mental help!!! Sorry, it had to be said.:wink:

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Don't know if it's normal or not, but it's a like-able trait for a man to decide he can live with a cat.

Matt didn't decide he could live with one, we decided for him!:smile2: Been 9 months and he still aint even touched it. He better get used to it, child watched the neighbors cat get ran over the other night and now he says that his cat aint NEVER going outside.:eek:oooh:

By the way, post some pictures of this varmit that has stole your heart!

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    psssst, don't tell nobody but he goes where i go, he does what i do. If i take a shower and don't leave the door open, he'll claw and cry the whole time.Never had any animal sleep at my feet but Mista does. I hate cats i tell ya. Rabbit, quail eatin suckers have no place in this world!!! He just ain't the ordinary cat, is the reason i tolerate him.

9. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Know the feeling kinda John. I never wanted any cats. My ex got a kitten she thought was female that turned out male and didn't want it...my son was attached and said "dad, I love that cat" So long story short...I have a cat named smokey plus now 3 other cats!!! :eek:oooh:

10. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    the english use them as bait for catfish when they're kittens. Just thought I'd share that.... LOL

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Ya'll ain't gonna believe this. We just finished the brick work on a new 2 story house in Bella Vista, the land of the rich and wasteful. This lady runs a cat rescue there. 2 rooms(up and down stairs) are glassed in facing the lake and this woman has 40 cats if she has a single one. $40,000 went into building the indoor litter boxes, ladders for them to play on and such. There is prolly 800 sq. feet of living space being used to house these cats.All have seen the vet and been vaccinated and fixed. It's truely amazing the money some spend on their pets. I've been invited there to use their dock and will get some pic's of it, it's amazing.

12. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Cat-hating is a serious character defect.

It's good to see your therapy has been effective.:smile2:

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sounds like a good plan for a fishin trip you two are puttin together.:wink:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Cher just gave him a little love tap to the back of the head. That's all the therapy he needed.:wink:

15. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I made the mistake of having a cat in the house when I first got married......this lasted for 4 years!

My wife now knows that it will never happen again and the best day of that cats life is when he went to live with someone else!

16. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When I lived out in the country I had 10 or so, and I thought that was alot. Most of mine were outside and nearly as well taken care of.:eek:oooh:
    At 1 time I only had 2 cats inside and I wanted a couple outside so this lady I worked with said to come get a couple of hers. I was shocked when I got there. She had to have 30/40 of em running around. So when I first moved in with Matt and had a couple of house cats that needed a home she took them home with her.:smile2:

Now I aint gonna say that I can't live without a cat (cause I have before), but I aint a nice person to be around when I hold a grudge cause somebody won't let me have one. And I can hold a grudge for a LOOOONG time.:wink:

Just wish this pain in the butt we got now would behave. I think he's mad cause we had him fixed and now won't use the litter box all the time.:angry: Son's gonna come home one of these days and find his cat outside. It's OK though, I'll blame it on Matt!:smile2:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh yeah, NOW I'M SKEEEERED!!!

18. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Seems as if i remember a particular post by a feller sayin women were evil. Now that grudges and Gettin Fixed are mentioned, ya get skeeered all the sudden. LMAO

19. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Our cat's the same way. He stands outside any closed door and "hollers" till it's open. With the family gone to CA and me gone for 2 weeks, he hasn't shut up since I got home on last Thursday. Apparently I'm supposed to spend this week giving him the attention he missed the last 2:eek:oooh: They're not bad, and with the exception of this one we have now, I always like them because they were pretty independent:smile2:

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    independent is an understatement for Mista. He lives life on HIS terms. If he wants to sit in your lab he does, other wise you gotta hawg tie him. It was exciting trying to put wormer down his throat yesterday, i got about 1/2 of it slung all over me. I souldn't have any parasites now though.:confused2: