Missouri Weather ???

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by MidwestFish, Oct 14, 2006.

1. MidwestFish

MidwestFish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Is it ever to cold to fish for catfish escpecially around this time....me and my buddy were out by the 370 bridge all night and didnt have any luck

2. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Welcome to the BOC Mark. This is a great time of year to be fishing for cats if you can put up with the cold. They feed heavy on live bait, and cut bait,as the water turns colder.:0a25:

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    no its never too cold but you may have to switch up your tactics to day time fishing its usually a little warmer on you , the fish dont care either way im sure , when their hungry they will eat .

dont let it get you down even the best fishermen get skunked from time to time , you just got to get back out there , good luck

by the way welcome to the BOC

4. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    I was out saturday afternoon and did not get a bite. We were jug fishing so the bait was not that deep?? Is the jug fishing time of year over? time to move to bottom feeding strategies?

MJO

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome from another Mo. guy.

6. shadcat

shadcat New Member

State:
    Marthasville Mo.
    This time of the year i start fishing the deeper holes.Here shortly the bluecat will start stacking up in the holes feeding on shad.

7. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

I hope to test that theory out this weekend brother! I have not been on the water in over a month!

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to the BOC. Never too cold to fish for Catfish my friend. Well, unless your name is Kutter. Then if its below 70 degrees its too cold. You will find the Blues bite year round. The flathead bite slows way way down when that water temp dips below 50 degrees and wont pick up again until the prespawn bite in the spring. Another cold front or two, and you will want to be targeting the Blue's. Look for deep holes. The blues will be packed up tight and will bite if you put it on their nose. As well, you might want to scale your bait sizes down as the bite is real subtle. Good Luck:cool2:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    First WELCOME to the BOC.Always good to see another Mo.member.
    That looks like it ought to be some good fishing down around that 370 bridge. Was you bank fishing or in a boat? I've always wanted to try that area on the ST.Charles side around those dikes just haven't gotten there yet. Maybe some day I'll make it.
    AGAIN WELCOME!!

10. MidwestFish

MidwestFish New Member

State:
    Missouri
    i was bank fishing right by the railroad track pilings across the st. charles side

11. TomV

TomV New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC Mark.

12. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Haven't been since the Kentucky Get together. Gonna whup upon em Friday nite. All this rain this past week and what we are gonna get tomorrow should kick em into gear.