Missouri Tigers

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by MRR, Nov 25, 2007.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    How about those Missouri Tigers. That was a good game last night. They had me a bit worried towards the end though. I thought to myself Now Don't Blow It Now. Them boys came to play and prove a point. Rough game next week. GO TIGERS!!:big_smile:

2. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I thought you were talking about them cute cuddly tigers. :smile2: Man oh man you had me fooled.:eek:oooh::tounge_out:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That was a good game. Should be even better when they play Okie. I'm still ticked LSU lost...:smile2:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I thought they looked Grrrrreat. But you are right John. It got a little scary there at the last.Took me 20 minutes to calm down enough to go to bed. I dont know if the defense got tired or Kansas figured it out but it wasnt what I wanted to see.

5. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I enjoyed the game! I knew Kansas was going up against the toughest game of their schedule. Looking forward to the Big 12 Championship. Boomer Sooner:wink:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Missouri's QB Chase Daniel really impressed me! :big_smile: If I'm a pro scout for an NFL team I would have that young man high on my QB watch list! :cool2: Congrats to all the Missouri fans on an exciting victory!

7. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The beautiful thing is we have him for one more year. Incredible

8. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    The Tigers looked great. The only thing I worry about is if the voters don't give the Tigers the props they deserve because Kansas didn't beat anyone good.

9. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I agree but will matter most is the results next weekend. The ratings system is suspect at best in my book. Results speak for themselves.

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now some of the Cheerleaders are cute and cuddly.:eek:oooh::roll_eyes:Right guys?

11. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    If Missouri beats OU next week, they will become number one in the BCS bowl and play for the crystal ball. If they loose, OU will go to a BCS bowl and Missouri will just go to a bowl. I would love to see Missouri in the National Championship game, but not at the price of OU losing the conference championship. I console my self by remembering OU's performance against Florida State and Chris Weinke after he won the Heisman, their yearly performance against Texas, all their games against rated teams, and wonder just why the Missouri Tiger fans feel so confident. As I have said in other posts, OU gets up for the big games, but it is the ankle biting teams which beat them.

12. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    confidence is the backbone of greatness. Without confidence you cannot win.

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I just saw that MU is ranked #1 and KU is ranked #5.

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    It has been scripted for my Buckeyes. No matter what happens we win. If OU wins we get a back door entrance to the national Championship game. If Missouri wins we get to take on USC in the Grandaddy of them all, the Rose Bowl.

I think a Tressel/Carroll Bowl would be excellent due to their similar coaching ideals and similar records.

Of course a National Championship game would be good to! Not that I wish any ill will to the Tigers though.

Actually I'd like to see Missouri win and Pittsburg beat West Virginia!

Then OSU beat Missouri for the crown!

15. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Once again I am cautiously optimistic that Mizzou can beat Oklahoma this time. I know the offense is there and I think the defense played a good game against a good Kansas team. As always time will tell.

16. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    I agree bob, but the Missouri defence needs to play the whole game
    In the kansas game they stop playing in the 4th qtr.
    if they do that with oklahoma its not going to be a pretty site

just my two cents

17. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I noticed the difference myself. I wondered if they let up or the Kansas offense figured it out. Either way they got to play 60 minutes this week. You are absolutely right Willie.

18. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Tis funny that Missouri is Number 1, OU is number 8 (or 9, depending on the bowl) and the Vegas money is on OU. It don't happen very often where a real low ranked team is favored over the number uno.

19. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Shawn I would like to see that myself. Maybe that would show the BCS people that Mizzou is for real

20. suddawg

suddawg New Member

For one...I just want to see a Big 12 North team win the Championship

So I'm rooting for Mizzou: Besides it's allways nice to see a Big 12 team in the NC game.

SudDawg