Missouri Snagging Reports??

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Seth, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Me and two other guys snagged down on the James River Arm of Tablerock opening night from 12am till about 3:45am. We hit 10 fish and landed 7. One fish was a short fish. Only had two sows, and they weighed 45-50 pounds I would guess. The rest were small males in the 30 pound range.

Today I made the drive up to Warsaw and snagged a few hours from the Roadhouse Dock. I never hit anything from 11am till 1:30. Only seen one boat that had a fished tied up and it came from a ways down river. Never seen anybody hit a fish up near the 65 bridge. Some fellas came into the dock and said that they hit 8 fish the day before about 5 miles below the 65 bridge, but had not hit anything today.

Did anybody go hit the upper Osage arm of Truman or the Lower Osage below Bagnell Dam?

2. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    no but we just got back from snaggin the mississippi about an hour ago. we cought over 150 lbs of asian carp in about an hour. none under 15 lbs. is there even anything left in the mississippi??? I new it was bad but I didnt know it was THIS bad!!

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Where at on the Mississippi did you hit them? I love snagging them things because they fight so dang hard. They taste pretty good too, just gotta watch for them little bones.

4. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah, they taste really good! :big_smile:

5. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    it was right before the alton dam.by the confluence area. your garaunteed at least a 15 pounder almost every cast. its insane. by the way is it legal to snag them stupid bigheads any time of the year?

6. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I think you can only snag them during the actual snagging season in the spring and then during the fall snagging season for non game fish. I've heard you can snag year around for them, but I haven't seen it listed in the regulations or anything so I just assume it's only legal during actual snagging season.

7. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
  8. jolle

jolle New Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    We snagged Sat-Sun on the Niangua and Little Niangua arms of LOZ. Very poor fishing. Only 2 fish the whole weekend, and one was short. The other was a 41 lb. male. Saw very few fish caught, and reports from snaggers was about the same. Surface temp was around 50, and water has been flowing through the lake good by looking at the level changes, but I guess they're not up yet. May try again in two weeks.

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Ravenloft...I hope you killed those darn asains you caught! their starting to take over the rivers...i kill every single one i get my hands on

10. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    ya I always put a filet knife through there skull and throw em back in the water for the rest of the critters to get a good taste for them and start eating the young ones. (I hope thats how it works anyways)