Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by CATDADDY78, Apr 28, 2007.

1. CATDADDY78

CATDADDY78 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    HEY BROTHERS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE NEW OF THE HOT SPOTS THIS YEAR ON THE MISSOURI RIVER. I GENERALLY PUT IN AT WELDON, COLUMBIA BOTTOMS, BLANCHETTE LANDING. HAVENT BEEN OUT ALL THAT MUCH THIS YEAR, KINDA WAITING FOR ALL THE FIDDLERS TO STOP NABBING MY BAIT. ALL THE SPOTS I FISHED LAST YEAR HAVENT PRODUCED ANYTHING DECENT. I STILL HAVENT FIGURED OUT HOW TO TARGET MONSTER BLUES, FIGURED OUT THE CHOICE BAIT BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR ON MY SONAR. DO I HAVE TO WATCH RIVER LEVELS, HIGH OR LOW PRESSURE, SUNNY OR CLOUDY DAYS, AND WHAT KIND OF STRUCTURE FOR THAT SPECIFIC GIVEN DAY, HOW DEEP, OR SHALLOW, WONG DIKES, BLOWOUTS, KICKER DIKES, FLATS. NEED HELP BROTHERS, TAKING A KID FISHING ON THE RIVER FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WANT TO BE SURE I COVER ALL MY BASIS FOR OPTIMAL CONDITIONS. THANKS BROTHERS, SEE YA ON THE WATER.

CATDADDY78

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Join the club. Fishing so far sucks on the missouri river it seems. It has to get better though some time.

3. cubedweller

cubedweller New Member

State:
    MO
    Apparently, it gets better just at the right time during a tournament, eh Josh? :wink:

4. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    So it seems. Fishing is starting to pick up now we have flood waters. Oh well this will only make the fishing better. I'll be on the water as soon as they take down the road blocks at the ramp.

5. natefishing

natefishing New Member

State:
    missouri
    rivers up boys, don't go full throttle boys watch out for floating debris but catfish should be biting since rivers up, let me know how you do boys on catfishing on the river. try glassgow,mo but launch at booneville,mo since stup island is flooded boys and boat ramp is closed there