Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dhogue, Apr 3, 2007.

1. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Hello BOC members, I fished, all afternoon yesterday on the Missouri River, put in at Weldon Spring, only a couple of nibbles, shad was alittle hard to find:angry: . Any luck this week on the Missouri River

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Only cat my fishing partner and I got over the weekend was a 20# blue. There just not turned on yet. I'm hoping they start feeding big time in the next week or so.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I havnt fished the Missouri yet this year Devlyn. Bite has been a little slow on the Mississippi too. Hey, great new Avatar. Hows that new Rig treating you? I bet your having a ball with her. cuz

4. dhogue

dhogue Member

State:
    O'Fallon, MO
    My new rig is running great, the motor is broken-in now, I just have to catch some fish to put in my live well. Question for you Cuz do those Asian Carps jump at night, if you are night fishing.

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey D...the answer to your question to cuz is yes! And it'll scare the crap right out of ya!! Trust me...I'm speaking from experience!:smile2: Nice pic and nice boat! Welcome to the wonderful world of SeaArk boats! I just love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything, unless it was of course a new SeaArk!:big_smile:

6. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was on the Lameine river last sat. night had one jump and hit the edge of the boat and landed in my lap 20lbs needless to say i was changing my shorts shortly after:smile2:

7. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I'm assuming that you were hit by one of our famous flying carp. Gotta watch them critters. I've been on the Lamine several times and never seen them jumping there. Come to think of it though - I have never been on the Lamine at night! Stay safe out there!

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Everyone is correct Devlyn. They can, and do, jump at night. However, they dont quite jump as much as they do in day time when startled. I think the primary reason is at night time they are much more scattered as they are feeding. I often see them on top of the water at night filter feeding against the current. Daytime, i find them deep in the holes. Good Luck filling up that livewell.