Missouri river

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by primitivefrn, Sep 17, 2006.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Went to Missouri river Sat. 16th , MiAMI area, Bill Weaver met spoonfish and me at ramp. caught 1 about 19lb released, want to thank Bill (Wille on BOC)for all the pointers he gave us. And Thanks for skip jack, only thing they wanted that we found, little ones kept stealing the bait, they liked, it to,
    Troy boated the cat, I boated 4 carp no poles and no hands. largest 19.9
    Had them jumping out of Troys dip net, Bill and Troy both were ducking and jumping, and laughing, quite didn't wanting any broken poles, 20lb flying over the side and thrashing causes some excitement
    Jim

2. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Glad you guys had a good time, may be you all will slack up on the rest of us a Brush Creek now :smile2: .

3. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Jim,everything we talked about will apply anywhere on the Missouri you want to go.It was fun seeing those carp flying out of the water when ya stirred them up. That tournament in Illinois would be fun with your boat but a fellow may want to have some protection on doing it that way. Sure wish the bite was on better but I talked to my buddy late last night and they didnt do much better in the time they spent fishing after dark.He had some bad luck and lost 2 of the rods that we was looking at out the back of the boat and he could not get them snagged back up. I will let ya know about the bait situation if I get hooked up and also will pass on any news on the river I find out about.I have heard that a fellow can catch skips down behind Bagnell dom but do not know all the details. Something for you to check on as you are alot closer than I am.Give me a shout sometime and if I can find the info on the kaw i will pass it on also.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Bill, thank you for riding along with me and Jim. I had a great time and you showed us several ways of looking at different patterns that I know will pay off on the river.
    Man thats bad to loose those rods though, what the GPS on em' :eek:oooh:
    I work right down around Bagnell ever day, anyone know about skip jack there?

I still think I need a HELMET riding shotgun in Jim's boat........:cool2:

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I think you guys need one of these for your carp "fishing" expeditions...

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=74939&hvarTarget=search&cmCat=SearchResults

Plus maybe some shoulder pads...

Lately I've been using a seat pedestal to club those damned things to death when they jump in the boat - seems to keep the mess to a minimum. Ought to invest in a small baseball bat I suppose...

Did you guys see Steve Brown anywhere on the water? His wife said he was spending a few days up on the Missouri but didn't say where or who with.

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Marty, Jim and I have more fun getting those Carp to Jump than fishing I think LOL. Can't resist to do a few circles behind a few shallow water dikes, we can run em up in to the shallows with that River Pro and get em goin'.:big_smile:
    Haven't seen Steve any where up there.

7. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know where he was last night as he was seen working his way back upstream toward Waverly about a hour after dark last night. troy you and Jim are my kind of people that I like to fish with and if I ever get a hot bite worked out again you two will be getting a call to come up and fish it.I like getting people into big fish and seeing the fight of the fish. I really think that in time you two will get on some good fish and as we talked about it takes time on the water. jims boat is like a 4 wheel drive jon boat and I know if I had one there is some places that I would be able to fish that i cant now without getting hung up.Like I said look at the Kaw as you should be able to get all the way up to the area I told ya about and there is alot of good ones in the area.

8. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    I think we ought to have a carp tournament, we could use, carp for chum. and fish for cats the next two days or the first place winner, gets all the carp, could run ad in St LOUIS paper , will trade carp for skip jacks. Will start working on bait for, big heads I cant imagine, what it would be like, hook up a 20lb. better have good drags.
    Jim

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Do we have to use pole and line in this carp tournament?? That takes all the fun out of it!

10. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL Marty, Jim just makes me ride shot gun up front with a landing net as my only means of protection. I can hear him laughing the hole time as he hides behind the center console.......
    You would think he would at least get me a helmet.........:eek:oooh:

11. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Mr T. your pretty, good at rules , why don't you make some rules, up for carp tournament. like length of baseball bat, size of dip nets, # of dip nets, per boat.
    no circling kk island more than 3 times, whoops wrong river.
    Do carp jump in winter time,.
    One thing I can say, with carp, I can not only put Troy, on fish, but if I speed up I can put him into fish, If he'll stay in the front seat,If I get a couple more years in, I'm applying, for carp guide service-They have been a lot of fun, tho.
    Jim

12. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    I'll see if I can work up some rules - may take me a week or two to get it done though... :roll_eyes:

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim. I havent jumped out of the seat yet, duckin' dont count......:lol: