Missouri River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by jim700, Jul 11, 2009.

1. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I found a friend that lives near Linn Missouri where the Osage dumps into the Missouri and i was wondering if anyone knew if this was a good possible place to start my search for some big catfish. If anyone has any information about this area i would really love to hear it. Thanks for your time;

Jim

2. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    put in there at hwy 50 and run up the osage about 3-4 miles and try fishing on the back side of the old lock and dam:big_smile:

up about 10-15 miles and there is a sand plant that has a large sand bar there

3. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Below the old lock and dam is ok and around the mouth of the maries river and the bridges. Down where the osage and Mo meet are some good holes. It ant a bad place to start.

4. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks

I'm from that area myself and have and continue to fish down there. If your running trot lines or bank poles check your lines EARLY at the crack of dawn. Alot of no good you know whats can run your lines for you. I prefer the Mo. river myself. The Osage can be very good as well for rod n reel as well as lines. Good luck

5. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i run my lines at 4:30 to 5. there are so no good people that will use your hard work for there pleasure

6. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you for al of the information, im saving up some money for gas and food so maybe i can mosey down that way next weekend or so. Gotta be carefuly on money now just found out my wife is 5 weeks pregnant :D it will cut down on my fishing but by god im excited. But anyway im shootin to come down that area probably next tuesday morning, try to get there early and learn the area before dark. Again thanks for all of the information guys it is extremely appreciated.

7. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Listen to this man guys...I couldn't agree more. I've pulled allot of nice fish out of that area over the last 5yrs or so. Blues, Hybrids, Whites, Kentucky spots, largemouth, smallies and sauger just to name a few of em. :wink:

8. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
    Congrats on the pregnancy of your wife, Jim. Welcome to the BOC...these guys on here will definitely give you the info you need to start catching big fish. GOOD LUCK!!!