Missouri River trip

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Mar 4, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well meeting brandon at the lexington ramp today ,heading out to see if we can find them ,will report back tonight

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck on the river today Robert, hope you dont have too much junk floating there. Were going to fish Truman today. Looks like it's going to be a nice day. Good luck out there.

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Troy,
    When are ya gonna head My way and do some pre-fishing?

good luck robert, hope you get into some pigs!

4. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Robert, Patiently waiting to hear if you had any luck. Weather was a bit better today! Hope you slayed them!

5. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Robert-I did make it out today, but I considered it more of a "test run" of the boat than a fishing trip (because we didn't catch anything!)! I just doubled the horsepower on my 16' Tracker, and it topped out at 34 mph- going downriver with a big gust of wind pushing!:lol: We did more driving around than fishing, and could only manage a couple of light bites. Hopefully the weather next week will help warm the water a little, it's only going to get better from here on out...

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well water temp on the river was 34 degrees brisk west wind from the west,cold day on the river,brandon caught 1 channel 2 lbs ,several little bites but no takers ,would like that temp up alittle

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    doug ,what motor did you buy,and where did you get it? I need to up size

8. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Pat's boats in Lexington had a '92 40hp Evinrude that I traded him my 20 for. Motor runs great and it makes my boat jump on plane immediately. I put a little more than 30 miles on it to check it out.