Missouri River trip - well

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by deerhunter56, Jul 14, 2008.

1. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

me and one of the fellow boc members are hittin the missori river here in leavenworth i hope we do some good and both come back alive! lol. i will post the results when we get back!

2. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Good luck and be safe. Hope to here the good news.

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Hope you catch a biggin...Be safe!

4. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Good luck tyler, have fun and be safe please.

5. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

well we did good me and casey met at the local sonic and he met my parents which was embarrissin lol. then he followed me to the fishing spot and we had to walk about 150 yards when we got there we set up and casted out using bluegill,liver,shrimp,worms most luck on liv er and bluegill. he caught his first cat of the year being about a 7pound channel cat, not 2 mins after that his other pole went flying through the air and hit me in the leg i managed to grab it and set the hook and i handed it to him and he fought it and it turned out to be a 8 pound flattie. and i swear not 5 mins after that his other pole got a bite and he hooked it and man the fight was on it had to be atleast 20pounds easy and ended up snappin his line overrall we had a great time and im lookin forward to going out and hitting it again real soon!

6. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thats great. Congrats on some nice fish you two. Me and JJ went to Osage and caught dinks. I dont think the big ones, are ready start eatin just yet after all the spawning.

7. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    keep it up and the big ones will come

8. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    congrats on the fish..:big_smile: you got any pics you can post? sounds like the bite is startin to pick up again..

9. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Way to go Tyler and Casey.Sounds like you had a great time and caught some fish.Dont get no better than that in my book.

10. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    thanks Keith, i was just about done with the story i was gonna tell about lat night. it was gonna be less embarassing !! :wink::smile2:

11. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
    Congrats on the trip. Glad to here you guys had a good time and caught some fish.

12. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Go ahead JJ-- I never doubt your honesty, but always enjoy your creativity!!

13. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I think August is going to shape up for a lot of the big ones to be caught.

14. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I hope your right Kevin. :0a32:

15. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    they will start feeding heavy in the next week or so kinda slow here just catching keepers on the ark

16. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Tyler left out that we also got a 1 pound channel and a gar. Tyler has a pretty good secret spot, if your not afraid to walk. If anybody ever gets a chance to go with him he will put you on the fish. Whether they bite or not is another story. Thanks for the good fishing Tyler. I'm definetly going to have to make it back down there.

17. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like some real nice fishing, congrats and keep us updated on future events

18. jgarner

jgarner New Member

State:
    Kansas-Leavenworth/Topeka
    hey tyler, the wife and i will be heading down to the river around 8 or 9 tonight...we'll be down at the campgrounds...i think its called riverfront or something....you can look for me, i'll be using my glow-stick...all we're taking is some shad from cabela's and some premo...you can give me a call if you want...785-383-5522...

19. deerhunter56

deerhunter56 Guest

well heres the pics

DSCI0574.jpg

DSCI0575.jpg

20. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Nice fish guys.