Missouri River Trip 2008

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Jul 28, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Starting to plan a trip ,that i have always wanted to do,planning on floating and fishing the river from cooly lake to boonville ,but lost my river charts and am trying to find out how many river miles that is? Planning on taking a week off in june of 2008 and making the trip ,anyone else interested let me know ,the more boats the better.More to come later

2. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Was also needing ideals on making a tiller so that i do not have to use alot of gas ,and it would also be more relaxing to just let the river do the work ,any help would be appreciated.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well plan on fishing from lexington to boonville ,that will be 120 miles and should be easy to do in 7 days ,it should be fun come on and join us

4. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Robert,

Sounds like a great trip. That actually is a trip a buddy and myself were looking at for next year. We floated from Rulo Nebraska to KC last summer. If You would not mind we might like to come with you. Keep me posted......

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    How do you get your trailer to the takeout spot? (For those that don't live close)

6. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Not a problem scott ,more boats the better.And for getting the trailers down to the other ramp ,my nephew is going to drop me off and pick me up at boonville the next saturday.

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    The date is going to be may24-31,
    here is where i will be setting up camp
    DAY 1 WAVERLY
    DAY 2 HALFWAY TO MIAMI
    DAY3 MIAMI
    DAY4 GRANDRIVER
    DAY 5 4 MILES PAST DALTON BOTTOMS
    DAY 6 GLASGOW
    DAY 7 LAMINE RIVER

8. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Robert

Sounds like a plan is in the works and it sounds good to me........

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well i have a rudder plan ,to strap on the motor will start building it in the next couple of weeks ,the plan is to go 120 miles on 12 gal of gas.

10. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Robert, where's your adventureness? I think you should go on a raft, like Huck Finn! Wish I could go with you, but i doubt it. Better take lots of sunscreen and bug spray.

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    You never know bill keep going,Been checking out google for campsites plan on checking them all out in the boat before next year,the more the better lets go.

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Looks like branden going to make it too,talked to him last night and he was all for it

13. buckfeverbob

buckfeverbob New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just completed a 105 mile float trip from Thurnau access (Corning, MO) to Leavenworth. We floated maybe 20% of the time and used 12 gal. That is in a 50hp Yamaha with an 18 foot PolarKraft. Fun trip!!!

14. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hay Rob sounds like a blast!! You say 120 miles on 12 gal of fuel how big is your motor? I have 16' semi v with a 9.5 and I also have a 2 hp . Id think since going down the only restraint would be time. Course one time when I was younger,:smile2: my buddy and I decided to float what map said was 18 miles as crow flys. We figured we could make it in 1 1/2 days Well 4 days later, our parents and the sherriff were waiting for us at our landing. Going to jail would of been better than the ass whipping we got when we got home!!! We later found out it was like 60 miles as the river went. But hell it was fun!!! Keep us posted on trip!! The better half and I think it would be a blast!!:eek:oooh:

15. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Heres something I rigged as a youngster for my old plywood boat. I took a oar lock and mounted it on back of boat . Then took a 10' foot oar and cut it at 4 feet then put the two pieces into a 90 degree elbow and put her together and glued it. Worked like a charm!! Was cheap and easy!! Just a idea ya might ponder!! I might rig one up again take a pic and post it!!:smile2:

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea Will i would like to see a pic of that ,been off here for about a week ,ac went out and had to buy a whole new unit ,just spent 2500.00 ,but still getting imfo for the trip ,still planning on the last week of may

17. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hay how big is that fish your holding? Did you catch it on the same river as trip?:smile2:

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well the scale said 62 ,but they where old and other people said it looked bigger, well i just got done checking them scales with weight i put on the bathroom scales and they where 14 lbs short dont know how good they are either

19. sbowes77

sbowes77 New Member

State:
    missouri
    you guys aren't traveling very far for the first couple of days
    wavery to miami is only like 28 miles and then about 12 to 14 to the mouth of the grand and again 12-14 to the dalton access i fish these areas a lot and u could easly float with out motor those distances i do it all the time jug fishing
    you guys ought to try that it is a lot of fun
    any way the trip sounds interresting i might come meet you al on one of the camp spots have fun

20. mriradik

mriradik New Member

State:
    Missouri
    tou will be coming right through my area.i live in glasgow which is right on the river.let me know what day you are starting and maybe i will see you out there.if you need supplies,bait or anything just hollar.