Missouri River this weekend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by sbowes77, Oct 15, 2007.

1. sbowes77

sbowes77 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i just got back from fishing this weekend at miami and again it wasn't the greatest i was just wandering if any one else is having trouble finding the blues this fall i haven't caught but one all fall and normally they r turned on by mid september and go untill halloween for me and i just cann't seem to get any in the boat still catching a few flats so it ain't so bad any way just wanting someone else's oppion

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I fished the Mo. at St. Charles yesterday. Caught a flathead about 10lbs and a blue about a pound and a half. I did lose one about half way in that had a little weight to it but i dont think it was over 10 or 12 pounds. I dont have the answer. But I will be looking for it

3. hardtime

hardtime New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I put in at St. Charles Sunday also... same luck. Hooked one early but lost it half way in (maybe 10lbs) and landed a small one (4-5lbs). Maybe some cooler temps and cooler water will improve things. Dunno???

:eek:oooh:

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I dont know where Miami, Missouri is for sure. It was told to me that the last 40 miles of the Missouri dont have many fish right now due to alot of cold water let out of the dam on the osage river. I was told you have to go west of Herman, Missouri to find alot of the blues on the Missouri Right now, since the fish have moved up the river. Dont know how much merit the information holds, but I do know the guy that passed me the information is one of the better Missouri River Catfisherman I know of. And, he's been fishing the Mississippi instead of the Missouri lately, which shows he wont even fish the lower Missouri right now and he's got some sweet holes on that stretch of river. For what its worth, were not exactly belting the blues right now on the Mississippi either. Its been real slow for a month now. The fish are in some sort of transition, and they arnt biting good, or were not finding them.

We will all find em soon. It stinks, but I guess thats why they call it fishin. :sad2:

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Ive just been telling everyone that I like long boat rides....at night! Well Cuz i think your right. I dont know much about the Missouri but here on the Miss I have been wearing this stripe on my back for the last 4 outings and Im not gonna lie............It smells! But I think they are about to turn on when they start acting right again and go back to their usual hang outs. They have to right?

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Oh they will eventually Ryan. Its hard to say with these fish sometimes. They will be heading to wintering holes soon, and you can usually catch them in them during this period as they move up and down the river. You can catch Blues all through the winter however, finding them can be extremely difficult. Once you do find them though, its possible to belt over 500 pounds on one hole alone. Thats how tight they school up in the winter time. I run my boat every month during winter time, and have been out there with it in the teens and howling wind. Gary can vouch :smile2:. These fish are a passion for me, and I try to learn as much as I can about them all the time. Sometimes though, they just dont make any sense at all. Keep your chin up, as you will find them soon. Everyday on the water puts you closer and closer to that big fish. Take Gary for example. He's been out with me the last 10 times and cant even get a bite! He's sitting right beside me, using the same bait, the same line, the same hooks, the same rods, the same reels, you name it. I caught 75 pounds of fish the other night, and he didnt even get to see his rod jump. I cant explain it for the life of me. He is doing EVERYTHING right, and cant buy a bite. I feel terrible for him, and have put him in my best spots, and still nothing. I feel terrible for him, but I know how he feels. I went through a slump couple of years back that almost had me in tears it was so frustrating. Then out of the blue, when you least expect it, you knock the daylights out of them. I'd definitely call the bite this past month "fair to Poor" so dont get too discouraged buddy. I've watched your anchor positions the past few times out and your picking some good holes. Heck, you put Mike on that Pig that broke his line. Just be patient, and keep learning. Keep it fun, and keep at it. Good Fishing Luck Happens when preparation meets opportunity. :wink:

7. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks Cuz i trust ya buddy! The DUE FACTOR rides again!LOL No there was one moment when I turned to Arron that night and asked him if he wanted to buy my boat, but there is something about the smell in it right now that he was just not interested in. LOL:smile2::smile2:

8. sbowes77

sbowes77 New Member

State:
    missouri
    miami is down river about 30 miles or so from waverly thanks for the input but i am up river from the area u were talking about and am showing from 65-69 degrees and i am normally tearing them up but next weekend my be better

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    We will see what this high water does to them. They where bitting before the rise. Just hope they still want to bite come saturday.

10. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's Not looking good for this weekend Scotty, It's going to hit 21 ft. in Waverly. Maybe it will move some fish around and get em to biting

11. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    duck I hope your right. I'd like to see the grand get out. i got 380 acres plugged up. come on water

12. sbowes77

sbowes77 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i'll do my indian rain dance for a place to hunt lol ya i think my fishing is proably over for me

13. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    THE FLOOD WARNING CONTINUES FOR
    THE MISSOURI RIVER AT WAVERLY
    * UNTIL LATE MONDAY NIGHT...OR UNTIL THE WARNING IS CANCELLED.
    * AT 2:45 PM WEDNESDAY THE STAGE WAS 19.6 FEET
    * MINOR FLOODING IS FORECAST.
    * FLOOD STAGE IS 20.0 FEET
    * FORECAST...RISE ABOVE FLOOD STAGE BY LATE THURSDAY MORNING AND
    CONTINUE TO RISE TO NEAR 23.0 FEET BY FRIDAY EVENING. THE RIVER
    WILL FALL BELOW FLOOD STAGE BY EARLY MONDAY MORNING.

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis

thanks for the info rob!!!!!!!!