Missouri River @ St. Joe 2010

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Bigbluefisherman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, I hit the river for the first and second time for this year this weekend. Went Saturday for a couple hours and managed 3 channel cat. We went again yesterday and caught 9 channel cat and 1 blue. Nothing big, but it was good to get out again and catch some fish. Anyone else been out yet this year?

2. Circlehook Jester

Circlehook Jester New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Hey Matt, great to hear you got out and even better to hear you caught some fish. This weather and the pure anxiety of waiting to fish can almost depress a man! LOL Good job!

3. moriver

moriver New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just driving 229 looking and thinking about this weekend?

4. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Heard you had a decend day sunday, nice to see the river cleared up. I was just checking this weekends forecast. Mybe I can slip out this weekend.

5. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Glad to see the St. Joe section up and going for the new year. I new someone would be getting out as soon as the river cleaned up. What bait was working?

6. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    I caught fish on both shad and skipjack. They seemed to like the shad better though.

7. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Going to dry the boat out this week and hit the river, Hunting seasons over. Now its time to hit those wintering Blues.

8. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Todd, there are still geese around to hunt.

9. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Oh cr!p Dave, I thought the season ended the 15th, when you want to go.

10. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    That is true, we saw plenty last weekend on the river. I am done hunting for the season. Too much work for 2 geese. Plus I have plenty of ducks and geese in the freezer.

11. spanky

spanky New Member

State:
    Missiouri
    Glad to be back on the river fishing its been a pretty good start been out 4 times since saturday and put fish in the boat every time.

12. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Fished the bank from 11-2 today, next to the roseport ramp. got a couple bites on shad guts but no takers. When i got their, there was very little trash but it steadily increased. I crossed back over the river around 4 and it was jam packed with trash and ice. It had cleaned back up when I came back across at 5:30 tonight. One of the little rivers must have broke loose after last nights rains. You KC guys got some trash heading your way but it wont last for long.

13. tac eulb

tac eulb Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Where are you getting shad? There ain't none around Washington, MO on the MO.

14. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gonna try the Nodaway from the bank tomorrow, heard the channels are biting. Happy days are here again. Stay safe and hope to see you fellas on the water!!!:flag:

15. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Saturday like Casey said, started out nice. I put in at the river boat and headed to Nodaway and found some major ice coming down.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      42.1 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      26.3 KB
      Views:
  16. Todd Strong

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    Run back south for cleaner waters and had about 3 hours to fish before the ice came. Bad part was you had to cross the ice flow to get to the ramp. Felt good to get out again though. Ran across Craig and Brad and Got some good shots of them coming through the ice.

Attached Files:

• 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      23.5 KB
      Views:
    • 019.jpg
      019.jpg
      File size:
      17.9 KB
      Views:
    • 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
  17. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Yeah that was real fun!!! NOT I hope i don't have to do that again anytime soon!!!!! It was nice to get out though!!

18. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    Sure am glad i stayed off the water yesterday and got my new small racks built to hold my new monster rod holders. It shocked me how much room i had after i removed that huge old rod rack i was using. I have 12 more monster holders on the way and then i will have 18 holders around the boat and should be able to put a rod anywhere i need to!!! Here are some pictures of my new holders!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  19. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Anybody see the thing no KQ2 about the ice jam on the platte this morning? I didn't catch where it was but sounded like it was in buchanan co. sounds like its broke loose, and headed down stream.

20. Bigbluefisherman

State:
    Missouri
    I saw it on Saturday about 4pm on 36 hwy just east of St. Joe. I have never seen anything like it to be honest. The ice was back up so bad it was pushing water out into the fields on both sides.