Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Craig and I went out today north of St. Joe. Ended up with a few small channel cats, the biggest only a couple #s. The weather was half way decent for a change. It is just good to be out again! Hopefully the cold weather is just about over. I am ready to chase the big blues. Did anyone else have any luck this weekend?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys nice to see St. Joe on here. i have only fished the MO 3 times all last year in the heat of the summer on a 17 ft bass tracker. we really had no idea where to fish. we ended up behing the trail dams where the water was slow and fairly shallow. looks like we need to learn how to hold the boat up in front of wing dams with longer anchor ropes. i am getting my 16 ft river john flat bottom ready for this year. i have a 25HP johnson on it. Will that be enough power? we always put in south of st joe. can't remember the name of the ramp. Any help on the river would be great.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeff,

Sure 16ft with a 25ph motor will be fine...thats what I started out in. Depending on what you are after, will depend on where you want to fish. If you want to catch flatheads, behind the wing ***** is a good place to find them, fish with live bait. Blue cats like faster water. Fish for them along the channel side where the water is moving. Use cut bait for blues. Channel cats...you can catch just about anywhere, use whatever you can find that stinks to catch them. I will look for you whenever I'm out and about this summer. I have a 17 ft roughneck with a 90 hp mercury on it, if you see me stop and say hi.

Matt

·
Registered
21 Posts
did anyone go out yeasterday? We didnt have any luck just wanted to see what they were biting on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
WHATS A GOOD BAIT FOR THIS TIME OF THE YEAR ON THE MISSOURI RIVER. I JUST STARTED RIVER FISHING LAST YEAR, I MAINLY FISH PONDS OR LAKES. I AM STILL PRETTY GREEN AT THE RIVER.

1 - 20 of 274 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.