Missouri River Sat & Sun...Skunked!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by STC T&F, Sep 5, 2006.

1. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    We set out for trot lines between New Haven and Boueff Creek in various spots. 40 hooks total fishing with goldfish, whole bluegill and cut bluegill. Put the lines in at about 5pm tightlined until around 11pm and then checked the lines. Nothing. All the bait was still there. We left the lines out all night and checked them again in the morning. Nothing. All the bait was still there except of one bluegill that had its tail bit off.

I hope that everyone else did better than us.

MJO

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I hit the Mississippi on Sunday and also got skunked... Then was on my way home headed west bound on I-270 when I looked in my side mirror and noticed that my tire was throwing up a billow of blue smoke!! :angry: Pulled over and discovered that I had lost the bearings on the one side of the trailer. Well, here I am, a good 70 miles from home, I've got my wife, 3 year old daughter and a 4 month old puppy that seems to get stricken ill with motion sickness as she kept puking in the back of my car all over the leather seats! :angry: I remebered that my good friend was dove hunting over at Columbia Bottoms CA and called him. Thank goodness he had a jack and then remembered that Bass Pro sold bearing kits.

So I sent him over to Bass Pro, as it's now Sunday evening on a holiday weekend and nothing else is open, to purchase me a bearing kit. He gets there and tells me that they have the bearing, but nothing else. You see I lost everything that holds the hub onto the axel, the castle nut, tab washer, and the other "special" washer that goes in front of the tab washer!!

It's now close to 7 pm and I can't fix my boat, I know I'm not comfortable leaving my boat parked on the side of the interstate so I call a tow truck to tow it to a friends office in St Peters.

I tried to get it fixed yesterday...long story short, it's still not fixed and I'm waiting for a return phone call from the place I purchased the boat to see if they can find the parts I need:angry: :angry:

3. STC T&F

STC T&F New Member

State:
    Union, MO
    ouch! It is very easy to deal with a bad day of fishing (because it is better than a good day of work) but to deal with trailer problems on a holiday ruins more than just one day. Hope you get everything worked out and hopefully the big ones start bitting really soon!

MJO

4. ATownCatter

ATownCatter New Member

State:
    Alton, Illinois
    A couple buds and me went out saturday and had a great day. Biggest fish of the day was landed by my friend, 55-60# Blue. Rest of the catches were 2,5,7,10,11,15 pound blues, 15# channel, and a little 1# flat. All fish were cought on rod and reel.

heres that big blue.
    http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/6606/gavabigfu6.jpg

5. mobowhtr

mobowhtr Member

State:
    MO
    A friend and I went deer scouting and putting up stands last sat and sun. Since we were camping out sat night we put out a short trotline with 18-20 hooks and pulled it sun morning, had 4 eaters 3-5 lbs, two about 8-10 lbs, one 16 lb, and one 54 lb. Two small channels and the rest were blues. Season opens in less than two weeks, I think I'm going to have to do some fishing between morning and evening stands.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Went out on the MISSISSIPPI Sun and Mon down around Elsberrywith no luck to speak of, Saw one big channel caught though on rod/reel. Had to be at least 3 inches long. Not as long as A Bic Lighter. Somehow he caught it in the tail out in the main channel. Told him he holds the record for the smallest one caught. Wish I'd of had my camera . :roll_eyes:

7. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was also fishing on Mississippi River near Elsberry this weekend. We caught 4 eater size channels on jugs but nothing on rod/reel.
    I did have a surprise on one of the jugs. When I pulled it up there was a turtle about the size of a soccer ball on the line. He had the circle hook going in his mouth and out between his nostrils. To add insult to his injury the bait (goldfish) was still on the hook so he didn't even get a taste of it. I suppose some would have just cut the line and went on but I felt an obligation to unhook him. Luckily the barb end of the hook broke off pretty easy with pliers and I was able to slip him off the hook. He sat there at the surface for about a minute before finally swimming down into the river.

8. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Sorry to hear that , Bill Hope you get it fixed soon. We went out sat night and also got skunked. However I did see where the guy that caught the world record blue was fishing so now I know his spot:lol: . He was about where I thought he caught it so i will be trying there this week end. I was looking for you sat, maybe I will see you next time, good luck

9. CQuest

CQuest New Member

State:
    St.Peters, Missouri

Now that's a good night!