Missouri River Navigation Season closes early

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The navigation season is set to close on October 26 at St. Louis, which means it'll be done at Kansas City about 5 days ahead of that, or Monday Oct 22.

http://www.grainnet.com/articles/20...ue_to_Prolonged_Drought_Conditions-49322.html

Once this current flood pulse moves through, you can expect the river to continue dropping - how far down it'll go is anybody's guess -- a lot depends on the amount of upstream rain we get for the remainder of the fall. But recall that we were at record low levels in January of last year, and many folks believe that's why the fishing was so poor all winter. Let's hope we don't have a repeat of last year!

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thanks for the headsup T.

3. sbowes77

sbowes77 New Member

State:
    missouri
    see em taking up the channle markers last weekend by miami

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I fished Weldon Spring today. Coast Guard was pickint up most of the bouies. I guess the ones they left were cause of the high water. They are headed up stream.

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    They took up the bouys last Saturday here in KC. Now i don't have to worry about hitting those darned things....LOL

6. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Now how are the fish gonna know where the channel is? :smile2::smile2::smile2:

I keed, I keed !!!!

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Dang, look down below at what the cats dragged up. It's Ol twinkie Hunters counter part in crime Mr JW Dreadnaught. They run you outa Cane Tuck Eeee already tonight. LMAO :smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well Cuz, I guess the blues and flathead will follow the CHANNEL CATS.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO!!! That was a good one Bob. I reckon thats how they do it. :wink:Why are the rats called "Channel Cats" when you catch them in the shallows by the bank?

10. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    As much as I hate to admit this, I dont have an answer for that one Cuz. I have often wondered the same thing. I cant remember ever catching a channel cat in the channel of a major river. And they are mainly used in stocking lakes. Go figure. I am sure someone has the answer to this thought provoking question. Inquiring minds want to know

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    The Arkansas river is never closed.