Missouri River navigation maps

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by mocat, Mar 5, 2008.

1. mocat

mocat New Member

State:
    missouri
    does anyone know when the Corp of engineers are going to update the Mo river maps, I think the last time was in 1991.

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    They were supposed to come out last year but didn't make it. Last I looked it was going to be the first part of this year. You can check it out on the COE site.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Safe bet would be never. It's a good thing the dikes don't move around every year.

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Yeah, and with the small amount of barge traffic I don't think they're exactly in high demand:smile2:

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    You can download the 1991 charts from here http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/RiverCharts/

and at the top of the page it says they're supposed to have new ones out this year. I'm not holding my breath yet:wink:

6. Todd Strong

Todd Strong Active Member

State:
    Cambridge, Ne
    If you were you would have to come up for air long before the charts are released, thats been in the makings for a couple of years now. I agree with Josh , probably never.

7. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Google Earth download will give you a pretty good view of the River and the Dikes.

8. rockodb5

rockodb5 New Member

State:
    Ca,mo
  9. Mo J-Em

Mo J-Em New Member

State:
    Sullivan, Mo.
    Alotta riverrats know where the new ones are. Maybe they could lend some knowledge to us guys that dont get on there much.