Missouri River Navigation Maps

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mr.T, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Found this Corps of Engineers web site with maps for navigating the Missouri River:

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/RiverCharts/RiverCharts.htm

Note that the maps are *huge* PDF files and take just short of forever to download.

But they show the location of the river channel, navigation markers/buoys, as well as all wing dykes, revetments, etc. and ought to be handy for scouting out "likely" looking locations to fish.

For example, on the map that shows where I-435 crosses the river, there's a handy notation - "Approximate location of sunken barge" just west of the bridge. I never would have known about that if not for the map. Maybe it's a good spot to fish, maybe not. But it's worth checking into, that's for sure.

Anyway, it's probably worth downloading and saving to your computer the maps for areas where you fish (use the "Save a Copy" button in Adobe Acrobat to save it) - print them out and take them along next time you're on the river.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Thanks Marty, I will definetely check these out. They may show me some hotspots so next time I take somebody out to the river, we might catch fish! haha! Oh by the way, yesterday was the day to be on the river. Wound up catching a monster 15" flathead! Caught a bunch of debris though, lots of watching the rods bounce. Oh well, maybe next time.

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I just go to the corps office and pick up the books.

4. daniel472001

daniel472001 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Marty, thanks for providing the maps link. They will be very useful.

5. TeamWhiskers

TeamWhiskers New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Those are the 1991 maps. So keep that in mind when looking at them. Alot has changed since then. The new ones are due out sometime this year.