Missouri river maps

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by primitivefrn, Aug 27, 2006.

1. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    does anyone, know where to get, maps, of Missouri river, in (Missouri middle to be specific,) like navigation and topo maps and does core of engineers, put a map out ,
    Thanks
    Jim

2. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    the armycorps has one but it is only recent up to 1994, currently they are updating one for 2006.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    This page has the old maps (1991) in PDF format.

http://www.nwk.usace.army.mil/RiverCharts/RiverCharts.htm

They're not topo maps but do show wing dikes, sunken barges, etc. as they were 15 years ago. Things are not necessarily the same today, especially after the 1993 floods.

You can buy printed maps at the Army Corps of Engineers office in downtown Kansas City. No idea when the new maps will be available.

If you're just looking for "likely" places to fish, I'd suggest Google Earth or the Google Maps web page (http://maps.google.com) - you can zoom in and see the dikes, etc. and probably pick out a few possible spots.

4. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Thanks Marty that will help.
    Jim

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Marty, Do you know the Addy of the corps office? I'm getting ready to set up a war room of sorts to log My expeditions on the river. I would like to have a map big enough to cover most of one wall of the room.

6. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Northwestern Division
    Kansas City District
    601 E. 12th Street
    Kansas City, Mo 64106
    816-389-3486

A giant wall map sounds really cool. Don't know if anything like that is available or not, though you could probably buy smaller maps and have them blown up at Kinko's.

BTW - I just bought the Navionics HotMaps Premium card for my new Lowrance LCX-25C sonar/gps and was surprised to see that it contains much better mapping info for the river than the built-in "base" map that comes with the unit -- it shows the river channel, all crossing and passing markers and (roughly) the location of all dikes. I don't think there's any depth contour information though as the river is constantly shifting.

Josh was telling me he bought a different Navionics map that has even more detailed navigation information for the river. But the one I have is really all I need -- having the channel marked on the map makes it a whole lot easier to find your way back to the ramp in the dark!

7. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Those Navionics map chips are pretty handy. I've used Josh's chip in My Lowrance 111c-HD. THey are supposed to have an updated map out sometime next Year, so I'm gonna wait until then.

Josh told Me you were gonna get a 25c. How do You like it so far?

I love My 111 !!!! GPS nav is the only way to fly!!! I have noticed now that I have a track established on the areas I frequent I burn a lot more gas in the boat, but get where I'm going a lot quicker. The track feature is especaly helpful on the Kaw, where there is no man made channel. Before I had GPS 40 mph on the Kaw was quite the crap shoot, now its no prob. I just follow My previous track that I know is free of obstructions

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Hmmm a big map of the river.... I saw one at work few months ago.. I'll stop by the lab and talk to the dude about it.

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    hey jim been off here for awhile ,am going to try to get on here more,you and spoon been on the river latley? I am planning on putting in a lexington on the weekend of the 7th of oct ,just wanted to see if you and spoon want to head up

10. Willy

Willy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    There is a map out there for depth and contour but I put a call into someone that works for the Corp. and he has not called me back on it yet. I am trying to get the spacifics on them befor I let ya know on how to get them. I saw one several years ago and it looked good but you have too take in effect that the river changes all the time and some things appear and somethings go away.

11. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Robert, will probley be a go, I dont know if, Troy will wants to fish,. haveing a hard time, getting him to go, Wants to work on week end and blame it on me. Have you fished their before,Were going some where this week end, sat anyway. went to Miami , week ago last sat. Bill Weaver went with us and showed us some new angles. Had a good time talking with Bill he knows the river, has river water in his veins.
    Jim

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    LOL, Robert I have to drag Jim out to fish on the week ends as he really don't like seeing those Flyin' carp lookin eye level at him....
    Let us know, I need any excuse I can find to fish and not work....

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Fished there many times ,there is some good fishing there caught some good size fish there 3 years ago ,the last 2 years only fished the river 10 or 12 times each year and havent caught any big ones 20 lbs the biggest 3 years ago i spent every weekend fishing from lexington to boonville,i am thinking of sticking to one body of water and mastering it, dont know yet,where are you going this weekend?

14. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    How is the Mo. river water level looking for this week end anyone know?

15. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Robert, if it's not up and not too muddy the Lamine would be good. If it is we can do the upper Osage on Truman.

16. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
  17. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Robert, we are going to dock at the lamine sat.
    Should be there arond 7:30 am. Give me a call, we will meet you there...
    I feel ol moby's going to have a sore Lip......

18. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    troy did you and jim have any problems finding shad at lamines last time ,i only found a few ,i dont have any shad in the freezer and never did any good without it.

19. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Will look for some should be some in Lamine river, probley have to find them on fish finder, cool weather , will drive them down. Will have, bait of some kind.
    Jim

20. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim has a shad Magnet on the front of the boat Robert, well find em it just takes a little longer some times.
    Hope to see you in the morning, tryed to call left ya a message.
    Troy