Missouri River - little help?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cathunter26, Oct 10, 2007.

1. cathunter26

cathunter26 New Member

State:
    columbia, mo
    Finally get to get out on the river 4 first time in a while, dang boat motors, but anyways I am going to be fishing the missouri river around jefferson city, if you know where that is, and was wondering if fishing the upstream side of dikes would be a good idea. If anyone thinks I would have better luck somewhere else by all means let me in on it. I am fairly new to this so all info greatly apreciated.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The last I heard the Missouri was still slow bite. The best advice I can give is keep moving and trying different things till you find them. FRESH bait.

3. roughneckcatman

roughneckcatman New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Missouri
    They have been catching big blues up here around St. Joe below wing dykes lately. I would probally try a little of everything until i was able to locate fish. I am heading down to Kansas City Saturday for charity tourney with the Kansas City Cats Club at Kaw Point. Sounds like alot of boats will be there, alot of good prizes, and all for a good cause.:big_smile:

4. midmocat

midmocat New Member

State:
    MO
    Good Luck slow bite!

5. Propshredder

Propshredder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Have fished that area quite a bit, sent you a PM as well. Give me a shout. Bite should be picking up with the water temp slowly dropping. Give an update if you have already gone..

6. mulemann

mulemann New Member

State:
    MISSOURI JEFFERSON CITY
    The upstream side of wingdikes is usually washed full of sand and is shallow water. One tip i can give you is look for a hard packed bottom that the current keeps clean. A good fishfinder is great for this, learn to read the grey line. Or the old timers way is a long drift pole