Missouri River @ KC 2008

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by brad kilpatrick, Jan 28, 2008.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Well I guess its about time to get another one of these going, We're almost into the 2nd month of '08

So anyone been fishin' lately?

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Nah, I'm waiting on the hardcore guys like you and Crazy to get out there and break up some of the ice so the rest of us can get on the river:smile2:

Seriously, though, there were some nice fish hit in KC last year, hopefully that trend continues this summer.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I here that branden I am ready to hit the water ,i get my tiller kit hopfully this weekend and the boat will be ready yea ,yea time to hit it hard.

4. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lots of Ice Down this way over the weekend. Looks like more cold weather on the way. :crazy:

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I didn't catch a thing on Sunday on the Kaw.

6. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    There are lots of Texas fishermen whacking blues right now. Lakes include HUGO, TEXOMA, LAVON, TAWAKONI, KERR, and LEWISVILLE. I know you got some mighty good cattin in KC, but now is the time to travel south to get into Texas best fishing of the year. Recent reports include lots of 30 lbrs a few 50 lbrs and even a 70+. from TEXOMA.

Jeff Williams

7. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    I hooked a 300lb chunk of ice down at Kaw Point yesterday :0a18: Was a pretty good fight, but the dang circle hook pulled out just when I started to turn it.

I bet this is an awesome time to fish Texoma...Kansas City, not so much just yet.

8. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I just got done changing motors out on my boat this past weekend, I ended up putting a 2003 90ph mercury on the back of my 17 foot boat. I went to the river last night to take it for a test drive.......man does it scoot! I bet I gained 10-12 mph and I like it! I have a few more things I need to get buttoned up on my boat, but other than that I am ready to chase the blues. :big_smile:

9. lbaker3

lbaker3 New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Sounds like it's about time for a road trip. Who's game?

10. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City

I HAD ONE GREAT FIGHT WITH ICE MY SELF, BUT MY HOOK ONE.

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
  12. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Doug is that the 80# you guys hit last summer? You guys tore 'em up. I only fished downtown about 3 times last summer and we hit a 45 flat, a 55 blue, and a 70 blue. I know Josh hit at least 1 60 and not sure how many smaller in the 30's, 40's, and 50's were caught and released by just you, Brad K., Josh, and Doug C.

Nice to see that not only are there a lot of big fish coming out of that stretch of the river but that all were turned loose. Now if we can just get them to stay between say Waverly and Leavenworth we're set:smile2:

13. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Whats the temp out there in cal.

14. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Yes I think we all had a great year @ Kansas city I know with me 90% of the time I catch big cat there and the thing about fishing @ Kansas city you just might see a air show fire works show and there no better veiw then right there on the river A+ place in my book

15. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    That and it freaks people out when you show them pix of pigs with the city in the background.:smile2: Seeing Gary down there on the screen reminded me - you hit at least one 60 from the bank last year didn't you Gary? Plus several other nice ones if I remember right. Now that I finally got the title to my trailer and can get plates for it (don't ask:eek:oooh:) y'all may see me down there more this year:wink:

I know a buddy of mine hit a 40 and another big one that he couldn't get in the boat and gosh only knows how many hawgs Andrew pulled out of the river last summer in town.

16. kuhlcat

kuhlcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    waiting for some warmer weather and for my boat to get out of the shop my oil pump went out and burnt up my motor ouch

17. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Last year was kind of an off year for me - one big fish, which was a 50 from the bank. Had 7 fish between 42 and 58lbs from the bank in 2006 by comparison, so that is probably what you are remembering.

I spent a lot of time in a boat last year, which I enjoyed, but it wasn’t real productive for some reason. I pulled some nice ones into the boat for Steve, though, and I’m pretty well sold on the boat fishing. Tiffany has been having some health issues – if we can ever get past those I’ll get more serious about getting a boat of my own, at which point I’ll pretty much own my own parking space down there at Kaw Point :0a1:

18. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
  19. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Awesome video! Best part was your fishing partner trying to release that one that had his hand in a death grip:smile2: Thought he was going to lose his glove for a minute!

20. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Yes that was funny and I like is funny fishin hat to :smile2: Did I get anybody blood going for 2008