Missouri River is UP!

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Terry Day, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    I went across the Missouri River today in Kansas City and at Lexington. The water was up and there was a lot of large trees making their way downstream. I guess that this is to be expected since it was so low for so long. I wouldn't want to be out on it right now. I stopped at Pat's Boats there in Lexington and looked at their River Cat. It's a 20 footer. I have a 20foot Polar Craft and was thinking about upgrading to a 22 or 24 footer. Any suggestions? Thanks

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hey Terry I have the River Cat currently and couldn't be happier!! I absolutely love it and am chomping at the bit to get out on the water right now!! I went to a boat show over here in St Charles and got a look at the new SeaArk "Big Daddy" it's a 24 footer and way WAY cool...if i ever decide to up grade it will be that one without a doubt!

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    River's not all that bad all things considered. As far as the new boat man that polar kraft MV2096xcc is one sweet looking ride. Seen it in person. Personaly I think it's made better then the seaark's.

4. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Terry I have the seaark 24/72 c.u.b. series and I have not found any faults in it yet, if you ever want a first hand look just let me know.
    Kirk

5. huntsfromtree

huntsfromtree New Member

State:
    KC Northland
    Terry, yeah the river is up! As for boat upgrades you cant beat Seaark. MY brother has one and it is the best built alum. boat I have ever seen. When I replace my Lowe it will be with a Seaark. Good fishin' (I PMed you by the way)

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Terry get in contact with Cuz he has the SeaArk Big Daddy. He can fill you in on it most likely. saw it last summer and it was a good lookin boat.

7. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    The river has peaked and is now dropping. Supposed to drop around 4 feet by the weekend. We'll have to see what tomorrow's rain brings.

8. just cats

just cats New Member

State:
    Leslie Missouri
    Still on the rise here, taking a vacation day tomorrow and give it a try. Have'nt had this much water in a year down here, maybe longer. I'd rather wait another day for the crest but they're calling for heavy rains. Ran my motor last night, had my rods rigged up for awhile now and thawing some shad and carp out in the fridge right now. I'm ready.

9. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Jack it looks like a logfest coming your way, be aware.

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I plan on gettin out there tomorrow too. There are some chutes not far from Weldon Spring ramp. You can usually escape the majority of the trash by easin down them. If not its only a half hour drive. I will turn around and come home. Havent seen the river with water in it for some time.

11. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Terry, I've looked at alot of boats over the years, and for the money it's going to be hard to beat a SeaArk. I don't personally have one, but I have checked them out a bunch of times, and they are just awesome. I had the pleasure of fishing with Cuz last friday, and we took his big daddy through St. Louis in the middle of a barge traffic jam. We were in some huge swells, there were probably at least 15 barges pushing up river. The Big Daddy handled it like a fiberglass boat. I would probably check out Cook's boats in Troy Mo. I hear they are cutting some good deals right now.www.cooksboats.com

12. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well me and brandon are going to head to lexington in the morning ,will hit the mouths of the creeks first then hit some (L) dikes hpoefully we can get in too them,will report back sunday night on how it went.