Missouri River from White Cloud to the Kaw.

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by rush_60, Mar 6, 2009.

1. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    Since their are only like 5 places to access the river in Ks I thought it could probably be covered with one thread.

I went fishing yesterday with Bryce (he was at lead pour w/ me) out at roseport ramp in elwood. I had heard from a friend that the channles were biting good behind the wingdikes on shad guts. Well we gave it a try. We tried guts, cut bait, stinkbait, all with no luck. Bryce did get a few nibbles on the guts but no takers. We did find an almost new trailer tire though, now if we can just find a trailer to put it on.:roll_eyes:

The river is way low, I dont remember ever seeing it this low. It was a good chance to look at the banks and see what is usually under water.
    The picture is of where we where fishing. Apparently it was taken when the river was high, its about 8-9 ft lower right now. Thats 36 hwy in the center of the pic. We tried the wing dike above and the one below.

Attached Files:

2. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Casey,

I've fished there at the Elwood access a couple of times. It seems like a good place, with a couple of wing dams to mix things up. Regarding the water level, it doesn't get this low very often, we were at and even a tad below 5 feet on the KC gauge. By the end of March they will start releasing water from the Gavins Point dam in South Dakota to maintain the navigation channel, and the water shouldn't fall below 8 feet again until November or so.

3. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Casey what size tire did you find.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS

It was a little muddy so I'm not sure but looked like a 14" rim with a 4 hole pattern.