Missouri river flow/success reports

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by fishinjunky, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i was hoping we could have a thread dedicated to the mo river conditions. is it still over the dykes or is it finally dropping? if you have been out lately have you caught anything?

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i went down to the river monday at nebraska city it was still high i think they said it crested at 15.6

3. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    went down to bellevue in haworth park the other day and noticed that they pulled the docks out of the missouri. i don't know if they just put them in that late or if it was cause the river was so high? if anybody goes by or sees the docks back in the water please let me know.

4. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Went out sunday water was high caught 3 drums and a flathead. North of omaha.

5. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Went out again last night, water was fishable but a lot of grass on your line. fished around omaha from 3p.m. to 11. caught one flathead and two channels.

6. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    thanks for the report, the water pump went out on my boat so i have to wait to get out its driving me crazy.

7. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    My uncle landed and released a 60 lb flat and a 8lb blue last night around Omaha caught both on sunfish. Said he had no grass on his line so maybe the river will clear up a bit. I'll post a picture when I get them back.

8. SDHogs

SDHogs New Member

State:
    SE tip of South Dakota
    Wow 60lb flat in Omaha! I need to catch something like that up north here by Sioux City in the Missouri.

9. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    I'm heading out tonight, putting in at manawa going to try all night but we'll see. Fished last weekend up at Okaboji for walleyes and it was terrible. I'm almost at the point were all i'll fish is the misssouri river and my parents farm pond. if any one wants to meet up or has been catching anything give me a hollar back.

10. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    how did yo do Jake?

11. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Fished from around five to 2 with nothing had a few nibbles off of bluegill, but was using circle hooks so just watched the rod tip dink around. Got so bored of moving to differnt spots I even threw on a nightcrawler to catch something (carp, drum, anything).
    Ya so as I was saying great.

12. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    put in at Haworth yesterday and could not seem to catch any bait tried three different dykes and no shad or anything ended up snagging it and losing my cast net. then tried catching a skip or drum on the rocks and couldn't catch nothing. so i decided hell with it i'll just throw some stinkbait on and try and catch something ended up with three channels, and caught about a ten pound common carp on a worm, heck of a fight since it was on my light duty bait rod. all in all good day found some really good spots to fish if i actually had bait.

13. nudimeyer126

nudimeyer126 New Member

State:
    iowa
    where is haworth? Is that down in Bellevue?

14. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    yea its in bellevue, would not recomend during daytime power boaters and jetskiers everywhere. rude as hell to couple of the guys flew by me full throttle only 25 feet away. also manawa ramp is just upstream from it. good fishing structure though found plenty of good spots.

15. nudimeyer126

nudimeyer126 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Thanks zach. I used the manawa ramp a couple times its not bad. Last week I went with jake and we put in at manawa and there were alot of jet boats showing no respect. It was hard to fish with so much wake rocking the boat. It wasnt bad after dark besides not catching anything.

16. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    heading out to the river again tomorrow morning, just thought i'd extend an invitation to whoever wants to go. will be launching in plattsmouth, probly head downstream. please let me know ASAP if interested.

my number is 598-2629

17. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Would love to hear about some action and give me hope for next weekend. Come on fishnjunkie tell me ya tore em up.

18. fishinjunky

fishinjunky Member

State:
    Nebraska
    sorry jake their was no massive bite today, ended with 5 channels biggest around 4 pounds. caught a drum diced him up for bait, tried 3 blown out dykes no luck. alot of crap like branches and debri coming down river, line usually had grass on it. well thesis is the fish are on the rocks holding to anything sticking into the water, trees larger rocks and pilings. did not try for any flatheads but talked to one guy at the ramp and he says the bite is starting to turn on. we'll see hopefully will be out saturday, for sure on monday. invitation still extended to whoever wants to go. i will be targeting flattys both days.

19. jbuck984

jbuck984 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was in the kc area earlier this week and had very little luck except one I fought for 45 min until it got in a snag and broke my line. I fished four nights. The guys down there are saying the flats and blues are in spawn and not likely hitting hard, but will be picking up. The ones that did catch fish were getting them in the shallow current before a dike or hole, and thats for blues. I don't know about Nebraska but thats what they are going through. I'm thinking about heading back to Nebraska and thinking about hitting either the De soto area or the loup power canal. How is the shore fishing at de soto? According to satellite images there are several wing dams on the Nebraska side. Has anyone fished them with luck?

20. jbuck984

jbuck984 New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I was in the kc area earlier this week and had very little luck except one I fought for 45 min until it got in a snag and broke my line. I fished four nights. The guys down there are saying the flats and blues are in spawn and not likely hitting hard, but will be picking up. The ones that did catch fish were getting them in the shallow current before a dike or hole, and thats for blues. I don't know about Nebraska but thats what they are going through. I'm thinking about heading back to Nebraska and thinking about hitting either the De soto area or the loup power canal. How is the shore fishing at de soto? According to satellite images there are several wing dams on the Nebraska side. Has anyone fished them with luck?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.