Missouri river flow/success reports

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA RIVERS TALK' started by cmblizz96, May 31, 2014.

1. cmblizz96

cmblizz96 Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Noticed the other thread for Missouri river reports had been locked or closed maybe 200 pages is the limit I don't know but I'll continue it in this thread hopefully the old thread isn't deleted a lot of good information in it. Anyways went out both Thursday morning from 9-1 river was a little dirty and fishing was slow did manage a couple channel water temp was 71. Went out again at night from 6-3 water temp had increased to 75 a lot more trash was coming down and again fishing was slow 2 channel. So in 13 hours of fishing I only managed 4 channel cat not good fishing but it was nice to be out.

2. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    There's a lot of good stuff on their .. Guess we will have another 200 pages for it again

3. carpocalypse now

carpocalypse now Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    put first name
    Went out last night from 8-12. Few bites using fresh cut carp and crawlers no takers. I was fishing the sand flats.

4. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Last weekend caught two blues around 30 and 50. this weekend got skunked Friday and caught four little ones last night water temp was 70 last week and 75 this

5. Tyler Boehm

Tyler Boehm New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Where are you guys located? I fish by Sioux City

6. MOVINON

MOVINON Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Name:
    Jeff
    Usually 500 replies will close a thread.

7. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    My work transferred me to another district, so I'm working RIGHT next to the boat marina down by the riverfront. Anyone ever hit that spot?!? I've been wanting to try this spot, but I'm not sure about parking. [​IMG]

8. Maccurt

Maccurt New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Ok that is the 480-bridge. I had planned to try that spot and I believe I have seen people fishing it from the bank. That is on the IA side and I think you can get down there.. I have a boat so I might launch from NP dodge an try it. Was I right on it about being the 480 Bridge?

9. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    Yep, right by the bridge! I saw some dude fishing off a dyke on the Council Bluffs side on Sunday, and when that storm hit, he kept on fishing like a real champ. I always see people fishing off of the dykes. I'm going to be down there hopefully on Friday or Saturday. That tunnel over by there looks so damn promising.

10. carpocalypse now

carpocalypse now Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Name:
    put first name
    The tunnel is a rain water outflow. If you hit the spot during or soon after a storm it will have spilled a bunch of fresh water into the river right there...oxygenating the water. I've fished there before, but not for a very long time. Parking sucks over there now because they close the road in at 10 or 11. You'll have to park by the neighborhood north of there and walk to the spot if you want to fish later.

11. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    Thanks man! I'm heading down to the marina around 6:00pm, so if anyone wants to meet up, shoot me a text. 402-515-2728.

12. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    I fished that tunnel spot about 200 yards south of the 480 bridge. Threw out a night crawler and within 2 minutes, the fight was on. It went straight into that brush pile and the fight was over. It was a rough, rough night.

13. Maccurt

Maccurt New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What was the trick to getting to that spot?

14. Lowly Bank Angler

Lowly Bank Angler New Member

State:
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I used to love fishing there before they bulldozed the woods... A lot easier to get to now but the flood changed it.....rough current and lots of snags...
    Probably still attracts some fish but there are better spots

Sent from my XT1055 using Catfish1 mobile app

15. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    It's snag city for sure. Plus, if you hook into something big, it's going to be rough because of the embankment. I had to park in the neighborhood, then walk to the spot. It's probably a 10 minute walk. I want to try it again, but I'll be hitting the river front marina tomorrow for sure.

16. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    Anyone want to fish down at the marina tomorrow night? I'm heading down there around 6:30pm and staying until around 11:00pm. I'm not a creep.

17. Maccurt

Maccurt New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    What marina is down there? I ask out of ignorance! I thought NP Dodge was the only Marina near that area..

18. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    Just a little south of the pedestrian bridge. I'm heading down there around 9:00pm tonight. I'm gonna run down to the papio and try to catch some bait, otherwise I'll be using night crawlers. It's probably the most gar infested spot that I've ever fished.

19. Blackvipe

Blackvipe New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Hey if you dont mind tell me if the gar are hitting over there. I heard they taste really good and i have been wanting to test that.

20. Mkazlen1989

Mkazlen1989 New Member

State:
    Omaha
    They are. Try the papio creek over by Milt's golf course. The two creeks meet there and form a "Y" right along the bike trail. They're always down there. Went out tonight and fished for about an hour over by that tunnel spot again. Landed a sturgeon. That spot is nothing but snags. Not worth it.