Missouri River flood

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, Feb 24, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Did anyone see the river prediction on the web? It said it should reach flood stage in lexington on wed,Its been 3 or4 years sience it flooded it should help the river

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Wow. Must have gotten a lot more rain than I thought. They're still only showing KC to get up around 21 ft, but flood stage at Sibley and points downstream.

Let's hope it draws some blues up the river!

Here's the link for KC:
    http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=eax&gage=kcdm7&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

You can click the "upstream" or "downstream" buttons to see the forecast at different points.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Mr t wouldnt want to be out there then,I on it when it was 16ft one time just long enough to turn the boat around when i saw big trees comming down the river

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Don,t be scared Robert, lets get Jim and go jump some logs...:big_smile:
    Hope it brings the cats up this year, it should help to have the water once it goes down.

5. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    I dont know if jims boat could have handeled them trees

6. RivrLivn

RivrLivn Member

State:
    Missouri
    At Jeff City the Missouri is only suppose to get to 18.8 by Wed. a good 4ft below flood.
    I'll probably be getting the back water at my place on the Osage. This tends to really bring the big head carp into the slack high back water. I better get the bow fishing rig ready.

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I've got my fingers crossed for more water this year. Last year it was just too shallow for my liking. A good flood would mean a good hatch too.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Really
    hate to see peoples property get flooded but doggone it we sure need some water in the rivers.Guess we can't have it all.Hopefully it will help out with very little damage done.Bound to help the fishing out.

9. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A flood on a small scale sure is welcome as far as I'm concerned. I don't want anybody's property hurt either. What I really want to know is how much water they're gonna hold upriver this year. Somewhat normal pool levels surely would bring back a few of the patterns that USED TO produce fish!?? Only time will tell.