Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Missouri River flood

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Gary S. 
#1 ·
Did anyone see the river prediction on the web? It said it should reach flood stage in lexington on wed,Its been 3 or4 years sience it flooded it should help the river

#2 ·
Wow. Must have gotten a lot more rain than I thought. They're still only showing KC to get up around 21 ft, but flood stage at Sibley and points downstream.

Let's hope it draws some blues up the river!

Here's the link for KC:
http://www.crh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=eax&gage=kcdm7&view=1,1,1,1,1,1

You can click the "upstream" or "downstream" buttons to see the forecast at different points.

#6 ·
At Jeff City the Missouri is only suppose to get to 18.8 by Wed. a good 4ft below flood.
I'll probably be getting the back water at my place on the Osage. This tends to really bring the big head carp into the slack high back water. I better get the bow fishing rig ready.

#9 ·
A flood on a small scale sure is welcome as far as I'm concerned. I don't want anybody's property hurt either. What I really want to know is how much water they're gonna hold upriver this year. Somewhat normal pool levels surely would bring back a few of the patterns that USED TO produce fish!?? Only time will tell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.