Missouri River fishing at Waverly

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Kwakwacker, May 4, 2007.

1. Kwakwacker

Kwakwacker New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    Anyone fishing the river at Waverly? I would like to come down sometime in June or July. Anyone recommend a guide in that area?

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Kwakwacker. I fish the next ramp east of Waverly. Its at Brunswick. The ramp puts in on the Grand river thats gives you 1 1/2 of dead water to catch silver carp for bait. If you want to hook up some time, pm me I bet we can get something going.

3. worm

worm New Member

State:
    missouri
    You can catch blues up or down from the ramp. Last year one on the biggest Blues caught was with in 1/2 mile of the ramp. They are here you just have to look. if you come in june or july come in the afternoon but stay to well after dark. or even better all nite!!!!

4. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    i am no guide but thats my area i live in malta bend about 8 miles from waverly . i have fished that area for around 30 years . my son and went wednesday night we caught 11 fish 173 lb the biggest was 46 and a 37 we about 6 miles below the boat ramp. any way i would love go give me yell and we will go

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Backeddie
    do you put in at Waverly or is their a ramp at Malta Bend.
    Thanks
    Jim

6. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    i have been puting in at malta bend but its not a plublic boat ramp and it pretty rough