Missouri River Club

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Terry Day, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Do any of you local Missouri BOC brothers belong to the Missouri River Club in Parkville, MO? I can't remember the name of the club, but the club house is located on 9 Highway just east of English Landing Park next to Ball Equipment Co. I have stopped in there 3 or 4 times over the last two years, to check out their membership policy and meet some of the members. Everyone has always been nice and polite but not too friendly. Does anyone know if it is a closed club where you have to be one of the "good-ole-boys"? It kind of reminded me of the American Legion or other similiar clubs that I have been associated with in the past. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Terry thats a good question I don't know much about them. I pretty sure its a private boat club. Most likely the good ol boy kind. The only thing is I don't really like how there boat ramp is laid out. At least from the view i have seen from the water. It is a pretty steep ramp right in the channel.

3. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    sounds like it might be fun to load a boat there and pull out

4. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Wayne,

I have done some checking on the ramp usage. It is my understanding that you have to be a member to use the launch facility. Too bad, because it is only about 5 miles from my house.