Missouri River blue catfish - common sucker good bait?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by SKYNYRD, Mar 25, 2007.

1. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Is common sucker good bait for big bluecats on the missouri river does anyone know?????

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Doug,and A Big Ol Welcome to the BOC.I have never used Common suckers for bait in the Missouri River. I don't know how plentiful they are in the river system.that being said I Know live or cut Skipjack are Super,as well as live or cut Bluegill. Good Luck and let us Know how You do.J.D.

3. Catchinbiguns

Catchinbiguns Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I haven't really used sucker on the river, but that asian carp is good, so is the goldeye and shad and the reg. carp. Also welcome to the Boc,

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Well I hope I use this boc right new at this hang in there with me ,I fish alot up at missouri river been using skipjack ,creek chub and goldeye just find a place to get alot of common sucker about 12 inch long they work just like a creek chub and they are soft like them to, I pulled them up on the internet and they say they are in the missouri river so I'm going to give them a try and I will let you guy's know how I do with them

5. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Welcome aboard Doug. Where about in Kansas are you located?

6. Gary S.

Gary S. New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Yup, they'll work. The top consideration in my book anyway, is oil content. All carp species seem to have have a good oil content. If you find catfish feeding, your suckers will catch em.

7. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    Ottawa Kansas just about 30 min from kansas city

8. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    When that water gets a little warmer those suckers should be prime bait for big flatheads on the Kansas River here in KC.

9. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    That what I thought they would be good bait for flathead and good cut bait for big blues, I have tank's in my basement to keep them alive and i'm going to keep my goldeye alive to I like to use fresh bait alive and cut that way can go fishin every weekend my last girl friend said I had to stop fishin how the song go I'm going to miss her look I have a bite:lol:

10. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Welcome Doug. If you try this let us know how well it works.

11. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD New Member

State:
    KANSAS
    You bet I will I'm going next weekend I will let you know thank's

12. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Welcome to the BOC Doug. Those suckers will work great. You will have the best luck if you use them as cut bait for the Blues.

13. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Hey Doug welcome to the BOC:big_smile: :0a25:

14. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    next to shad and skipjacks suckers are good any where you fish them.i belive that they would catch catfish in a river that had no suckers at all.when i was working in texas we cought mullet out of the ocean to use for cat bait in the rivers.worked great.