Missouri River Big jump

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by duckalot, Mar 13, 2007.

1. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Whats up with Mo. River? Just checked the online stage and it has raised nearly Six foot in two days(13.82 in Waverly) they must have turned some water loose up north. Wanting to be on this weekend, don't mind the high water as long as it is not muddy and full of trash and brush

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I'd guess we've got some snow melting upstream. The Kansas River is on the rise as well.

3. skipjackking

skipjackking New Member

State:
    Missouri
    From what i hear its melting alot flooding a few places so they could be letting some water out and good luck to ya.

4. MO RIVER MAN

MO RIVER MAN New Member

State:
    IOWA
    All the snows gone and running down river. Saw a lot of trees and what not floating down today cant even see the wing dykes up here in omaha.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    WGUS83 KEAX 141832
    FLSEAX
    FLOOD STATEMENT
    NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE KANSAS CITY/PLEASANT HILL MO
    132 PM CDT WED MAR 14 2007

CONTINUOUS SNOWMELT FROM THE PREVIOUS TWO DAYS OF ABOVE NORMAL
    TEMPERATURES...HAS CAUSED THE MISSOURI RIVER TO RISE...AS WELL
    AS MANY TRIBUTARIES THAT FLOW INTO THE MISSOURI.

6. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Was out and about today and passed over a couple of small rivers/creeks and man they're just about bank full! I just wonder so bad if the fish are bitin in em.Can't go havn't purchased my fishin licence yet!:beat_brick: :beat_brick:

7. stressedcat

stressedcat New Member

State:
    kansas
    Bros. and Sis:

Went down to the river this AM. and there was so much junk in the river that I passed there and went to the Wolf River about a 1/4 mile from the mouth. Got a few nibbles but that was it but it was free from junk. Want be long til we all will be catching and releasing or eating and moaning which ever meets your fancy,

Good Luck This Year Gang

Kirk

8. Angler2007

Angler2007 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I talked to some guys from Souix Falls area last weekend as they were down shooting some snow geese. They said they still had close to 2 feet of snow on the ground up there. With all that snow melting no wonder the river is running high. I'm glad to see they got some snow this winter as they are worse than us for precip. Maybe it will help their pheasant population for next year!