missouri river at washington mo.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by medic442, Jan 23, 2008.

1. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    whats the missouri like around washington mo? better up or down river? i have talked to a coulple of guys (while drinking) they keep telling me how many large cats they catch....

can anybody shed any light on the suject?

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I have fished both up and down numerous times. You were told the truth. There are some good fish in that stretch of river. Just like there are good fish in the rest of the river. I dont know of any "special" places but they are definately there. I dont much care for the ramp at Washington though. Hard to load the boat and crowded with pleasure boaters in summer

3. Chris Cordia

Chris Cordia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went over to the missouri river yesterday at weldon springs. It looks good. A little ice floating not bad though. I would put in at either washington or weldon springs and run to the power plant to try some warm water.

4. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    medic--Missouri River from Washington to New Haven is the stretch of river my brother and I have fished for years. We have had better luck up from Washington from Turkey Island to Boeff Creek and even a little higher. Down stream is good also to the Electric plant. Most of the large fish you hear of being caught are done so on trotlines. I spend about 90% of my time pole fishing though I have only been able to land 26,16, and several smaller fish. We caught several nice fish jugging from Washington down stream. We lost two jugs last year that we watched go under and not come back up! What kind of fishing are you interested in? I have no problems sharing locations of where we have caught fish..that is, to another BOC brother. We spend most of our time putting in at New Haven or Boeff Creek when the water is up and fish down stream..Washington is so hard sometimes putting in or taking out with all the nut cases out there. Love that river and I'm sure this year my PB will be better than last.. if you need any information on that area that I can help you with just let me know.

5. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    i like all fishing dave. wanting to get a boat again and start hitting the river. the kids are getting to that age......... been thinking about a jet so can run the local rivers plus the missouri. where about in lonedell do ya live?

6. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    the fishing above is great there is a island north of washington. the lower tip and the rock bank below

7. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    the island above in between herman is a great place the tip of the island and the rock bank below

8. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    thanks for the info!!!

9. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Thanks for the tip Justin, I'll give it a whirl! Why don't you get on down here and we'll give it a whirl!

10. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Medic,

The stretch between Washington and New Haven is pretty good. I have pulled several mid 30's from this stretch. Nothing huge yet, but I am tryin. I know quite a few guys that pull 50+ pounders on trot lines, the big fish are in there. There is an island called Dundee island that has several good spots above and below it. I have only fished down from Washington twice, so I wouldn't know much about that stretch down to the power plant.

Gup

11. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    It hard to tell people how to fish. If you dont know what there actually looking at on the depth finder or as they idle up the river looking how it flows. It took me two boats and about 10000000 hours on river. If you dont learn about it on your own you didnt learn anything. So you go to the same old spots and some time they produce sometime they dont. So when things change you go out dont catch anything. There is BIG FISH every where get you some!!! Trial and error lot of peace nights with no fish.

12. moriverfish

moriverfish Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What's up Gup? How you been man? Do you all have ice on the river down there? It was pretty choked up at Boonville yesterday. I'm dieing to get out, Have to see what the weekend brings. Are you going to make the snaggin trip this year? Make sure you bring your quarters.

13. moriverfish

moriverfish Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Whats up Justin? You been on the river this year yet? What was the lake level? Can you get in at the resort at Mallard Bay?

14. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    I put in on the 65 @ a friends that is private ramp were we use to have a cabin.

15. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    I'm just givin ya trouble Justin. Gary told me you was on here and I seen your login. He He!

16. jcook77

jcook77 New Member

State:
    mo
    How is the new bait coming along? I heard it was awesome last fall cant wait to try it.

17. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    Hey John. I've been good as I can be. No ice on the river tonight, but I hear it's comin from your way. Oh heck yeah I'm going snaggin, already got my vacation day in for Friday. I'll be playing on bluetooth Jimmy's money from last year! No need to bring any of my own money!

18. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    The bait is coming along. Me and Gar been givin out quite a bit of it. We're trying to get it tried out before season hits and get some opinions. Everyone that has got back with me has liked it so far. Get ahold of Gar, I would imagine we got a package or two for ya. :wink: We have a little site in BOC sponsor page. Check it out.

19. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    Medic..sorry I missed checking this post..I live off Hwy N down from Lake Arrowhead.. I just bought a 14' jon that I'm putting a 9.9 on to run the Merimac on ...but last year I spent 99% of my time on the river between Washington and New Haven.. As Gup and I were talking..I spent most of my time fishing during the day during that stretch of river.

20. medic442

medic442 New Member

State:
    lonedell mo
    small worlds dave, i live down off FF. so how is the meramec to run? i see alot of those guys down at shady beach all the time.