missouri river around washington mo

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dieselcat, Jun 25, 2008.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    any 1 here ever fish around washington for big blues or flattie's?i have good luck on trotline but cant seem to get the big 1 on the pole yet,any info on where to fish would be appreciated

2. farmer

farmer New Member

State:
    Osceola, MO
    If ya are having good luck with your trotlines why dont ya fish were ya have been putting them. Thats what I would do. :0a26:

3. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    tried that,but havnt fished it really hard the river has been up for weeks and trash is to bad to fish rod and real.i've had little luck caught a couple 20# blues and some flatties bout 12-15 #.using whole shad and live gills

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Shane.
    Sounds like your doing the right things. Just keep puttin the time in and it will pay sooner or later. Hope it's sooner!! LOL Good luck!!

5. Dave53

Dave53 New Member

State:
    Lonedell M
    There are a few areas that (reportedly) hold big blues..down stream..the dike right before the power lines that cross the river.. right past the electric intake at the submirdged bardge.. upstream..caught one in the 20's at the third dike on the left.. then you can go in at Turkey island..deep hole in the back..stay on the mud wall to the left a head of the trees.. some nice blues and flats in this area..I have only caught 10+ but nothing really big.. further up the river..on the right as the river turns to the left..brother caught several nice blues in swift current where you see the cut off telephone poles when the river is back down.. when the river is screaming like it is now.. it is anyones guess.. hope this helped.

6. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Thanks Dave! Any where in paticular to fish for big blues during daylight hours? As far as trot lining i mostly place em on shallow flats anywhere between 5 and 15 feet of water but only fish at night.But i dont get much pole time at night. Should i look for deeper water for daytime fish,fastwater,slowwater?Srry all the ?ns. But i can catch the hell out of 40-70 lb fish on trotlines but i am having a heck of a time on the reel & rod and most pole fishing done durring the day do to work.

7. GUP

GUP New Member

State:
    Washington, MO
    With the water where it is right now it's hard to catch anything consistently. I fish out of Washington alot, I live in Krakow. I've been putting in at Beuof Creek and fishing between there and New Haven with the water being way up. I do hear alot of guys saying the submergred barge and the water intake are good places to go, but I've never fished those spots. I mainly night fish...don't know much about fishing during the day..for that matter don't know much about doing it at night either! But it's fun trying. Good Luck