Missouri River around Kansas city

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Mi11er, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Anybody catching any big fish around KC? I have been hitting it hard between 291 and sibley and only catching really small ones. Any tips?

2. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    man its real tough right with the fish on the nest . but i did catch a 22 lb and 13 lb on the mud bank i fished 9 hours and tht is all we did good luck it will get better in about three weeks

3. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN
    well done. lots of guys woul give thier paycheck for a #20 right now. cp

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I haven't been doing worth a dang this spring, but some guys seem to be doing OK working the sandbars and the mudbanks like you're doing. I usually try for a few flatheads in June when the blues slow down but I can't even seem to buy a flathead this year. Hopefully the river will come down a little and make the fishing easier. Good luck!

Branden

5. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Spent the night last night on the Mo. river. Same old story the only thing biting were the skitters. I was able to net some nice shad in a small feeder creek (before I ruined another throw net):angry:
    Got two Asian carp to jump aboard for the bait bucket.
    Long story short 14 hours of fishing all we caught was one small Flathead on a green sunfish I caught before we left home.
    One good pull just before daylight on a shad side, some how didn't get hooked. Only good part of the trip was we some how missed the rain. Had an inch in the rain gauge at home just 12 or 14 miles north of the river. That doesn't happen very often. (ask Brad:smile2:)

6. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    We went last night too, but we did not miss the rain, and we had a double barge go by us and it got hairy. But, in all the bad, we did have a good time and caught some fish. I did catch a 8 inch channel cat on a worm, he was cute:wink: