Missouri River - anybody having any luck?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by whiskers9512, Apr 12, 2007.

1. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Went fishing today on the missouri around lexington took me awhile to locate some shad but still didnt get any bights, fished till about 12:30 just wandering if any body has been catching anything , i didnt even get a bight!

2. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Well at least now I don't feel like the LOne Ranger. I've been out probably 5-6 times and haven't caught nothing yet.Not even a cold.Did get a few small shad though.Better than nothing I suppose.

3. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I've been out several times as well and the only thing I've caught is bait, a cold and a couple really tiny channel cats in my throw net...I brought two of those baby channels home and placed em in my big aquarium here at the house...they are so cool!:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Other than that, I am batting a whopping .000!

4. whiskers9512

whiskers9512 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yeah I caught several little channel cats in my cast net as well. They can really get tangled up! I had a pretty hard time catching bait as well, think I got a half a dozen shad in a hundred cast !!!

5. bobbabouy

bobbabouy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I went out today for about 2 hours and didn't get a bite. This was my 7th time out this spring and have caught 1-3 cats each trip, except for today. Nothing big so far, with 4# channel being the largest. It should pick up soon as soon as it get back to warmer weather, I hope.

6. I'm afraid until things warm up the only thing we'll be catching is a cold.:crazy:

7. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    Its so bad I can't even catch bait.

8. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    It has been a more difficult year, so far, it seems. Last year by this time, I had already caught 2 over 50 lbs. This year, my two biggest are 25 & 26 but that's been a month ago.

I did set out a trotline on Tuesday night and caught a fat 38 lb Flatty. That sure was a pleasant sight.

Things will certainly get better. Let's just hope it's soon. Until then, I'll at least be out there trying to learn why the fish aren't where I'm fishing, LOL.

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I put in at Weldon Springs today and fished for a couple of hours. Mushroom hunted for ablout 2 hours. 1 blue about 6 or 7 pounds. Seems to be a popular size this year. Found 9 mushrooms. 7 small and 2 bigger that were rotted. But I wasnt sittin in the house. Oh I didnt have trouble finding shad but they were small.

10. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Went out on the Mississippi River today, not much luck, had a few good bites, but nothing worth setting the hook on. We did however, snag about a half dozen asian carp. They were all full of eggs, so hopefully we saved about a million of those things from being hatched.

11. bobbabouy

bobbabouy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am going to go again tomorrow. Glad to see the warmer weather and the blue skies. I was glad to see another 1" of so of rain. If I do any good, I will post here tomorrow.

12. tbones23

tbones23 New Member

State:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    How did you do? I'm thinking about going out Saturday. it's supposed to be 80+ degrees. I noticed the Mo is at 18ft and falling in St. Charles. Anyone put an eye on it? I was wondering if there was a lot of trash coming down.

13. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Just a little bit of grass on the lines yesterday, although still muddy-but the bite's picking up!

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hey Doug, i just got a hot report I wanted to pass on. The Big Blues are shallow right now. 10 feet of water or less, and they are feeding like gluttonous pigs. Target the rock revetments and submerged wood or boulders a little upstream of the big deep holes. Friend of mine hammered the daylights out of them today. Every fish came out of the shallows. I'm not kidding. He caught 2 60's, 3 50's, and several 20's,30's, and 40's. This guy doesnt exaggerate fish tales either. I'm bummed I cant get out there till the end of the month. I'm gonna miss a hot bite I just know it. :crazy:

15. Rockin' Blues

Rockin' Blues New Member

State:
    st.louis mo.
    thanks for the heads up Cuz,I going to try to get out there.:big_smile:

16. tbones23

tbones23 New Member

State:
    St. Louis, Missouri
    Well, that's good news. My buddy and I are putting in at Weldon around 9am or so on Saturday and heading up stream. Hope to see some guys out there.

17. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks for the heads head CUZ!!! I can't wait to get out there this weekend! Did he say where he was pullin them out of?

18. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks CUZ I'll be out there on Sunday trying to catch some of those bign's. I'm debating on where to launch--Weldon, Alton pool or St. Charles (which I have never before tried).

I hope to see some of you out there. How will I know you are a BOC member--is there a secret handshake.. lol

19. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Every fish came off of the rocks in shallow water. He fished for two days deep with no bite. (When I was there I think we caught the last of the deep water bite) Out of desperation he moved to shallow water and was on them immediately. Its a little early for a good shallow bite but the way our rivers have been lately, I'm sure the fish are a little screwed up. The bad part of a hot bite like this is when the river levels start to recede rapidly, thats usually the poorest bite there is. I hope everyone finds them. Let us know how your doin. I'll be on the road till the end of the month so I wont be doin any fishin. Hope yall find them. I have a spot on the Mississippi that I know the Big Blues will cram in to on a shallow bite and I'm really bummed I cant be out there. Oh well. Gotta pay the bills.

20. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    That is to bad CUZ. I for one would be willing to sacrifice and confirm your suspicions for you...if you just give me the location of your hole!:big_smile: