Missouri River (6/28) out of Weldon Springs...anyone game?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by DWB, Jun 25, 2007.

1. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm off of work this upcoming Friday so I'm planning a night on the river out of Weldon Springs. My fishing partner backed out so I'm looking for another fisher to chase the blues with me throughout the night. Preferably this someone would have a little experience on this stretch of the river as I have only fished it a few times and never at night...if not hey we'll wing it! A full moon will be out so there should be lots of light. The slump is bound to bust soon and I wanna be there when it does!!

I plan on launching at about 530 and coming back ???

2. cpalombo

cpalombo New Member

State:
    Nashville TN

Dan, Good luck to you and ??? at Weldon. Let us know how you do (and let us know if the cotton-picking spawn is over).

CP

3. bck1006

bck1006 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't make it out on Friday,but I think I am going to try to get out Saturady night.I am waiting for the river to drop another 3 feet or so.It was still kind of high this past weekend.I don't like running at night when I can't see the dikes.Let me know how you did and may be can get together another night.Thanks

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I fished ws Sunday. As has been the case it was slow. But what I want to tell you is, while some of the dykes are starting to show, there are some that are just at the right level to eat a lower unit. Make sure you have a spotlight with you. And plenty of insect repellent. The mosquitos were biting Sunday in the daylight, so you know what it will be like after dark. Also, please dont fish in my honey holes.

5. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sure thing, Bob. Just let me know EXACTLY where they are and I'll be sure to steer clear of them...geocords would be fine. :0010:

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Let us know how you do. I'm saving my weekend trip for Saturday night at Winfield Dam.

7. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I would like to go if you dont find anyone else. I dont know much about the Missouri but I do know how to read a fish finder and Im great at winging it. Me and my buddy where up in Wisconsin last weekend out fishing Lake Genva come 2am a fog storm rolls around couldnt see 10 feet in front of you Thank God for Gps! 2 boats followed us in to the boat ramp becuase they couldnt see where to go and they almost hit us. What a Blast! I sent you a pm with my number.

Dustin

8. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    good luck guys hope you bring back a monster

9. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    Lets do it Dustin. Thursday night it is. I'll drop you a line tonight or on Wednesday.

Dan

10. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Good Luck Dan, hope you guess can report back that the Spawn is over and the fish are bitin! Wish I could make it, but Thursday doesn't work for me I'm working on Friday, if it was Friday night I'd try to make it.

11. dust_stl

dust_stl New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dan

I get off work today at 530pm so call anytime after that and I get off work tommorow at 1230pm. I look foward to meeting you.

Dustin

12. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have fished down in weldon springs one time....with Glen Jasper, do any of you know Glen? He is the one that got me into Blue Cat fishing..Before Glen, I only targeted flatheads! That is some good water down that way...Good Luck to you men! Give us a report!

13. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Bring your rain gear guys. The forecast says rain up until about midnight on thursday night.

14. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    I spoke to Dustin this evening. We decided to "keep an eye" on the weather on Thursday. If it looks like T-storms we are gonna postpone the trip. Better safe than sorry. No worries though, if we have to postpone I'll be sure to get you out on the water soonest Dustin.

15. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    When running the Missouri river remember these couple of things when the river bends stay to the outside of the bend. When it straightens out run the middle of the channel.On bends you will either have rock bank or trail dikes on the out side bend and wings dikes on the inside bend.On straight river you will have wing dikes and trail dikes on both sides. If you have a hard time still follow the channel bouyes if they are not under water. Try fishing shallow sand bars of the channel this time of the year at night.

16. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville

Whats up Bob you going to fish this weekend if you do give me a call I'd fish with you. John Behiter 332-1321

17. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey John, this thread is almost a year old.

18. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hope you guys had a safe night. How did you do? Where is Weldon Springs.

Tom

19. benzolene

benzolene New Member

State:
    missouri
    Dan i am always up for fishing...anywhere, anytime...work is second priority to fishing...lol...this week i have been on truman lake, lake jacomo, the missouri river in kc and at little blue...i love fishing for cats...if you ever need a fishing bud just give me a call....816.508.7300 Ben

20. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Weldon springs in on the missouri river in St.Charles Co. just down Hwy 94 past Bush Wildlife Conservation Area.