Missouri quail hunt Jan 14th??

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by Crawdad, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    I’d like to get the dog out one more time. I usually go to Iowa for pheasants, but he’s pointed quail too. MDC says Randolph and Macon counties are good places to go but I’m open to suggestions. Besides, I’m looking for a new hunting partner. I live in Gasconade County, about 45 minutes East of Jeff City.
    Anyone interested drop me a note.

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Dang Bill that is temping as heck. I haven't seen a quail this year:angry:. I love shooting AT them, most of the time I just scare em good!! I Hope you have a great day and get on a bunch of them little devils! If I lived a few hours closer, I'd be in for sure!

3. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    Sorry you can't make It Stan but i know what you mean about the drive. I went to Omaha recently for a hunt in western Iowa. The 6 hour drive back bout killed me. I don't think the little rockets are as plentiful as they used to be, but if the weather's reasonable it'll be fun to make new friends & be outdoors for a while. Not to mention the fun of working with my dog.

4. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    Where at are you planning on goin. I live just on the other side of Jefferson City from you.

5. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    I'm not sure Ethan. Maybe up around Macon.

6. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I see, that is some good country up there. A lot of quail and maybe some pheasant. You never know you may run into a prairie chicken or a grouse up around there.