Missouri Get Together.

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by spoonfish, Aug 17, 2005.

1. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I had noticed there was mention of haveing a mini get together for the 1st wk. end in september. Are there still plans on haveing this and if so where will it be?

2. cross_their_eyes

cross_their_eyes New Member

State:
    Show Me State
    [moved from a different post] So far, my wife doesn't have anything planned for that weekend but, my sons playing high school football and my daughter plays soccer. So, I don't know yet. If anyone ever goes to the Bass Pro in St. Charles, my oldest son pretty much runs the archery department. Stick your head in and tell Tony to keep at it. He's been working hard for big cats this year but he hasn't reeled in anything large yet. Encourage him to keep on trying. He would love to hear from you all.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Okay Kutter. I am off the 1st through the sixth. You pick the day and we shall do it. For anyone interested, we will be fishing the area of the Mississippi River Half way between St. Genevive Missouri and Herculaneum Missouri. You can put your boats in at Rush Island. I'll put in at Plattin Rock Boat Club and drive it down. Give us a day Kutter and spread the word. Cant wait guys. :p

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Kutter will be giving all of us a date within a day. Any and all are invited. Just thought it would be neat to meet everyone and have a good time on the river. Maybe catch some big fish too.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Don't hold off waiting for me. I am off work on Tue the 6th, but I realize most folks can only come on weekends. That being a holiday weekend, whew, could get crowded. What ever day you want is fine, I'll come down to visit for a spell, even if I have to leave early to get sleep for work the next day.

6. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    I would be interested in coming down for a mini i thought there was already something planned for the the 1st weekend in Sept. but it was on the other site...... Kutter would be nice to see you again....

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yep SSG Johnson that was at the boonville boat ramp. Far as I know thats still on.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    How is the 6th For everyone?

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I was just reading all of the post. Sounds like there is already a get together planned for the first weekend in September. Kutter, you and I can get together and fish on the sixth if you like. An early morning trip would work for me. Hows that sound?

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Sounds Great to me.

11. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Sounds great Kutter. Any and all that would like to go with us, drop a post. We are planning on going the morning of September 6th. We can use my boat Kutter. I know you left your skeg in the Mississippi river as an artificial reef for big blue cats didnt you? I leave town again tomorrow and will be back on Monday. Talk to you soon.

12. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Where exactly are you guys launching from? I'm 100 miles south of St. Genevieve. I don't know if I can make it or even if you would have room for me but I might entertain the idea :)

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Shane, we are meeting at Truman Access Conservation Area. It's located between Festus aand Bloomsdale/ St. Genevieve. If anyone needs directions, Send me a email to *Pelikans@Charter.net*. Believe me, even though they put up a few signs pointing your way to it, it's still not easy to find. Folks not local using it, make up only about 1%, even this close to St. Louis.

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    We'd love to have you Shane. Hey Kutter, you working the night of the 5th? I was thinking maybe we could go out the afternoon of the fifth, and fish that night and the morning of the sixth. What do you think?

15. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I work day shift Monday, the 5th. I should get home about 4pm or so. Where do you want to meet up at?

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    youll probably be whooped then Tom. We can just go in the morning if you like. Doestn matter to me. We can meet in the parking lot of Walmart in Festus, and go to the boat club from there. Takes five minutes. Lets just go the morning of the sixth so you can get some rest. We can fish till it gets hot. I like to be sitting in the water at first light so I can get my bait and get lines in. The morning bite has been pretty good.

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Well, morning it is then. You name the time, I'll be waiting in the parking lot. Doesn't matter how early, I'll be there. 2000 Chevy 4x4 pickup, dark grey, with the windows down and either Creedence or Buffett on the disc player.

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I'm looking forward to it already. All you will need is your rods and tackle box. I'll be in a 2001 Black and Silver Ford F250 pulling my G3. I'll give you the time later this week. Maybe we can catch a big one. We can run into Walmart and get some snacks. Cant Wait. The bigguns are waiting. :)

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Hey John, go over to the Photo Gallery an see how close or far apart our boats are.

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nice boat Kutter. They are quite a bit different though. I've got the 21 foot with a 115 Yamaha Four Stroke. It has an 8 Foot beam. I tried to upload some pictures into the gallery, however its telling me my files are too large. I've tried shrinking the files, but havnt had a bit of luck. Any suggestions?