Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

missouri gathering

2K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  KC Jayhawk 78 
#1 ·
Just a reminder ,or incase anyone new didnt see this on the gathering post ,missouri gathering 4 days away may 16-18 come on down for some great fishing .

#2 ·
Fish are biting this time and this will be a good shot at a big one, looking forward to this one. I'm sure their will be some good storys this time. Good fishing, good food, good conversation. what more could want,? (some 8 inch shad) and a pic of a 100 lb cat, with you holding it. :big_smile::big_smile::eek:oooh: sharpen your hooks Robert , Flathead should be starting, to get hungery.
Jim

#3 ·
Boy I would like to make it but Adam 1886 is graduating this weekend so we have a full plate. Maybe me and the wife can make the next on. Sounds like a good time and I would like to meet a bunch of the BOC.

Tom

#4 ·
Fish are biting this time and this will be a good shot at a big one, looking forward to this one. I'm sure their will be some good storys this time. Good fishing, good food, good conversation. what more could want,? (some 8 inch shad) and a pic of a 100 lb cat, with you holding it. :big_smile::big_smile::eek:oooh: sharpen your hooks Robert , Flathead should be starting, to get hungery.
Jim
Jim,
I'm looking forward to meeting you guys this friday. Do I need to bring anything with me? Just give me a call and let me know.
Thanks
Jon

#7 ·
Robert, and Jim:

Be good to see ya guys again this year. Hope someone has room in a boat where I might get a chance to try and catch a biggun. LOL

I see a lot of new names of members signed up, would be good to meet em all.

Gene

#10 ·
Gene, it would be great to see you catch a hawg blue or flathead while your here this year. Kirk has the boat and know how to put you on them so you will be in good hands.
The really big blues and flats are just starting up in the Truman dam tailrace so I wont be surprised to see some really nice ones caught at this years Gathering.

Judith said to tell you she will be making you french toast and I dont know what all for breakfast Sat. and Sun, and supper Fri. night and lunch Saturday. So dont bring any food for those. We got ya covered......

#11 ·
Spoonman;

You and your wife are as always wonderful hosts and I really enjoy you two. I think I may wait and come up Friday Morning now. I was going to come up Thursday but I had a couple of things pop up and I will be up Friday about Noon I am guessin. If you all need anything for the Feed, let me know and I can run to the store for some last minute items we may need. Tell Judith that I will whip up a big Batch of Tartar Sauce for the Sat Feed. Sounds like we are going to have some Fish for sure.

Lookin forward to seein all of you MO Guys again and looks like a lot of people I haven't met are coming also.

Gene

#13 ·
Well this will be our first gathering. My family and I will be looking forward to meeting everybody . Hope it's a good turnout. I will try and have some products with me but I'm not sure what I can do since it's a state park. If anyone wants me to bring anything let me know.

We will bring a fish fryer and some fish with us and a couple of side dishes. Troy if you need us to bring anything let us know. I have the day off so my boat will be in the water and ready to fish.

Kirk are you putting in at Truman or LOZ?.Let me know.

Looking forward to seeing everyone..

Ps.. Heres some pic's of my crew...

Attachments

#15 ·
Lucus, scroll down on the main page till you see BOC MEMBER GATHERINGS.. You’ll see the Missouri gathering… We’re meeting at Truman Lake in the Truman State Park starting today through Sunday with everyone gathering for dinner tomorrow evening at 6:00 pm… We’ll meet at Troy’s camp… bring a chair and join us

#16 ·
Hope everyone has A Great time at the gathering. Looks like beautiful weather for the weekend. I would love to make it down and meet everyone in person. Maybe next time. I am on call out every Five weeks and this is my week. Gotta pay the bills, and buy some more catfishsafari rods. Oh and eat if there is any money left at the end of the month. Priorities of a Cat fisherman. LOL.
Good Luck BOCers, Rob
:big_smile:

#17 ·
Went to the Gathering yesterday with Jim Wainright (Primitivefrn). Got to meet Troy, Kirk, Gene and a couple other guys. They were all great.Gene Thanks for those two hook rigs. Jim and I stayed out until 3 this morning and probably boated 20 fish...nothing real big..I hooked one out in the channel that went straight for the dam and got off. Anyways the whole experience was awesome...can't wait til next years Gathering. And hat's off to Primitivefrn for letting me tag along...thanks Jim.

#18 ·
Sure would like to have all you Missouri guys and gals come on out to the Kansas Gathering at Milford Lake on June 6,7, and 8. I had a great time at the Missouri Gathering this past weekend. I believe me and my buddies were the only Jayhawks that attended. Milford is the biggest lake in Kansas , and we have a great campground for the Gathering. Its going to be at Curtis Creek Camp, loop B. There is 10 electric sites left that are reservable, and 9 tent sites that are non reservable. Down at loop D ( right down the road) , the whole loop is first come first serve tent sites. Our campground is right on the water, and the channel runs about 20 yds right off of the shore. You can literally fish from your tent. We are doing a pig roast Sat. and we are in the process of hooking up a fish fry for Fri. You can beach your boat right by your camp site, and the boat ramp is right down the road. If you would like to attend, please respond on the Gatherings page under the Kansas Gathering thread, or stop by the Kansas page and just give us a shout. I hope to see alot of you there. Below is a link to reserve a electric site. :big_smile:

http://www.recreation.gov/camping/C...ew&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=73143&search=site

#19 ·
I forgot to add , we couldnt do the pig roast on site, it will be done by some friends of Jim Leonard(Catfish Fever). He is going to pick up the pig on Saturday , and bring it to the site. We do have to prepay Jim for the pig. I believe the price is $2.70 per serving. (one serving is 1 lb. ) Here is the address to send Jim cash or money order. No checks please.

Jim Leonard
6906 Canyon Rd.
Junction City, KS 66441

I believe he needs the money no later than May 26. So if you would like to attend and get in on the pig , please have your money in the mail soon.

:big_smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.